SAU Community

Official: Sau Tokyo Auto Salon Meet Up

Rezz

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Tokyo station they need to take the "Sobu Line" to Chiba Station, then from Chiba Station they need to catch the Chibatoshi-Monorail to a station called "Sports-Center", then walk north past Maccas and a toyota dealer and it should be on the left!

FYI-

In Tokyo, there are two Sobu lines that both run to Chiba. Make sure you take the "Sobu Rapid Line" (aka Yokosuka line) to get to Chiba City as it's way faster than the Sobu local line.

BeerBaron and lukits01:

I really want to go to some Autobac stores while I am in the country. Also, I want to visit places like HKS Kansai, J's Racing, and any other cool workshops. Can you guys be a pal and give me some directions on how to get there? I am pretty familiar with the Tokyo Metro and JR train system, as long as you tell me where to get on, where to change and where to get off. Info please guys! :huh:

HKS Kansai and J's Racing is not in Tokyo, its in Osaka/Kansai region, I made my way arround by asking the hotel reception as well. Got the map or address and they pointed me to the nearest station, sometimes after that I just take a taxi if its too much of a walk. As far as workshops in Tokyo are concerned, I know Jun and Spoon Sports are only a few stations from Shinjuku. Top Secret is out in Chiba, probably should take a taxi from the station for that one. C-West, and Veilside are arround as well I think, but you are going to have to check their website.

Ill probably just have a visit to Crystal and Upgarage and be done with it.

BTW. why does everyone recommend the upgarage in Chiba? arent there a lot of them arround Tokyo?

HKS Kansai and J's Racing is not in Tokyo, its in Osaka/Kansai region, I made my way arround by asking the hotel reception as well. Got the map or address and they pointed me to the nearest station, sometimes after that I just take a taxi if its too much of a walk. As far as workshops in Tokyo are concerned, I know Jun and Spoon Sports are only a few stations from Shinjuku. Top Secret is out in Chiba, probably should take a taxi from the station for that one. C-West, and Veilside are arround as well I think, but you are going to have to check their website.

Ill probably just have a visit to Crystal and Upgarage and be done with it.

BTW. why does everyone recommend the upgarage in Chiba? arent there a lot of them arround Tokyo?

Veilside is over the ass-end of the JR map and takes a long time to get to from Chiba, but its WELL worth it!

The owner of Veilside is very friendly and loves a chat, and they have one of the biggest car yards full of mind blowing cars that you will ever see.

Hi everyone i'm currently in Japan finally and am staying at Hotel Okura in Minato-ku.

Will be heading to Makuhari later on on the weekend, bit chilly at the moment for me (I'm from the Gold Coast).

Looking foward to finding my way around without even knowing how to string a japanese sentence together, like a true tourist :P

The rail system was easy enough to follow, colour codes were great

Went there today, bloody Fantastic. Took hours of footage, 400 photos and i only got through 1 area(1-3, i think).

Girls are better in real life than in video/photos. Cars a soo much better than in Australia. It's crazy!!! Endless girls are a must see!!! same with the bomex and tien.

Anyways, I will be going saturday and sunday as well. I saw a few aussies, plenty of Americans. If anyone sees me, ill try and wear a R31 skyline club shirt(blue/black with white writing) if you want to say hello. Or a grey/blue anti-war jacket.

Hopefully see you guys there!!!

well I didn't make it today yet. I was out at Daikoku and some other wangan spots last night and didn't get home till early morning. slept until midday and then had to fark around trying to get the remote control (kanji buttons) shower working again.

if anyone is keen to meet up I will try and get there tomorrow again around midday. my number is above so if you want to meet up just call me as the net in my appartment just got farken disconected.

I went yesterday morning and stayed till about 2pm. It was great as always but got bloody packed after 1pm when they let the public in :P Dai's 180sx was pretty cool as was the Jun/Option stream Z with the AWD and twin turbo VQ35.

The big question is: where is Rezz? call me buddy!

pics will come later.

Beer baron.. did you have any luck at Daikoku last night?? You didnt happen to be in a 32 with big 5 spoke mags? Needless to say Daikoku was dead thanks to the police ... Did you find any other action? And more importantly.. Where?

Peter

Ah.... another legendery SAU meet-up.... :(:huh:

TAS was semi-good this year. Some good stuff like the Topfuel S2000 Type RR etc, Rocky Auto Z..

Richard, we have to get some meet-up before I go back on Thursday of if anybody else are up for a meet-up my number is 080 1509 7112.

Edited by CircusMonkey

Beer baron.. did you have any luck at Daikoku last night?? You didnt happen to be in a 32 with big 5 spoke mags? Needless to say Daikoku was dead thanks to the police ... Did you find any other action? And more importantly.. Where?

Peter

Good thing I didn't try going to Daikoku then! I figured it would probably be packed with all the cars in town for the show.

Highlights of the show for me: the chopped Mugen S2000, the Super GT car drift demo (that nearly killed a few fans!), the MR2 "limo", and the Petronas Z4 race car.

Oh yeah, getting to see my hero, Keiichi Tsuchiya, was pretty great too! :wave:

Peter

yeah the police killed daikoku at around 11pm. we headed to a few other wangan spots and there were plenty of cars out and about.

not surprisingly another SAU TAS meet came to zero. oh well, I guess I`ve only tried 3 times. maybe 4th times the charm then! It was good to meet up with the circus monkey though. sad that the only SAU member to hook up was one from norway!!

Last night had a great night up at Tsukuba mountain. probably the best street drift (and the craziest) I have seen in japan. 30 cars or so and a packed gallery of about 40 people. It was a top effort. didnt make it home till 6am and wanted to head back to TAS today for a nismo jacket but didnt (couldnt) get up until around 2pm so canned it. If anyone is still keen to meet up for a dinner or some drinks at my place or in the area around roppongi just give me a call (number above somewhere). Has anyone heard from Rezz? I hope you are ok big fella.

Rezz is lurking around, I spoke to him on performance forums about accommodation the other day.

I'll definitely be in for a meet up next year as I'll be in Japan (most likely on my own) at that time for about a month and want to go to TAS. Will wait til closer to the date to organize details.