SAU Community

Buying A Pod

SKYS2

hey guys , got a few questions about buying one . if i buy a pod and install it etc , do i need to reset the cars ecu ? so it accepts new settings? also will a heat shield will benefit me ?

also any one have a posible way of hiding the pod? like making a steel box around it also preventing hot air from entering it from engine? yet hiding the pod from cops , because arent they illegal?

any one tried this , or could some one post there setup if so , cheers

Depends where u r for legality in qld u can get away with it with justa cover over the top

hey guys , got a few questions about buying one . if i buy a pod and install it etc , do i need to reset the cars ecu ? so it accepts new settings? also will a heat shield will benefit me ?

also any one have a posible way of hiding the pod? like making a steel box around it also preventing hot air from entering it from engine? yet hiding the pod from cops , because arent they illegal?

Had pods on my GTR and went back to the factory airbox running an Apexi filter with CAI.

Save yourself lots of mucking and just fit a high flowing panel filter like Apexi or K&N to your standard airbox. If you are realy keen, fit a cold air intake to it. This works VERY well and looks neat and stock rather than some 'homemade' crap looking box or sheild around a pod filter.