SAU Community

Car Theft

SKYS2

iv recently bought a skyline , and iv been hearing stories about theft .

i was told thieves drive there car into the back of you , and pull out a gun , and take your car? but iv only been told a few cases involving wrx's . has any body heard anything about it - im a bit worried now i have an import . mind you in nsw - sydney , a bit far fetched , but yeah im sort of worried about that.

sounds like a story I heard a few years back actually. was in lane cove (northern sydney.)

security would be a start or monitored security of sorts.(is there any form on it currently?)

your call really. you can be ultra paranoid and keep it in a vac sealed room to look at but where's the fun in that :D

You can GET vacuum sealed rooms!? =-D

Oh... =-[

Well, sky, everyone is going to tell you to get a really good alarm and immobiliser.

I think most Skylines are at risk of being stolen, if the time and the place is right for a theif.

An R33 GTST might not be worth as much as a WRX, and I don't think people will take it from you at gunpoint, but that's what insurance is for.

GTR's, however... I've read so many threads about R32 GTR's and above being swiped that it's just amazing. (and sad). Most of the owners didn't have any kind of alarm, and one was even taken from a residential secure parking facility. (on camera!)

Carjackings are one thing, and rare, and general security is another. If you get rear-ended, wait for them to get out first. If it looks too dicey, call the police and do the runner if necessary.

Always always get the best possible alarm package that you can afford. Rims and neon lights or whatnot should be a 2nd priority. =-]

• 1 month later...

whoa, man its scary to think about loosing such a valued possesion. i dont evan have one yet and im allready scared but u know allways keep the tire rench handy! :laugh: i have a friend who owns and 98 commodore and he was telling me the he was being tailed by some guy in a old ford, so after about 5mins of cornering he pulled over and sure enough the guy in the for pulled over. so my friend got out with a massive rench and ran up to the car and be for he knew it the ford was out of there! so yeah my advice be weary of ur surroundings at all times. i think it would be pretty easy to avoid a rear end if your keeping guard of busy streets. maybe its not im not sure. :sick:

the best alarms and immobilisers of the world would probably be useless against a flatbed truck thats come to take your baby away. If they really want it they will find a way to get it.

At the end of the day, a good alarm is a deterent to would be amateur thieves. Choosing where you park your car IMO will more likely be the deciding factor whether ur car gets broken into or stolen all together.

Oh and in worst case scenarios, make sure u have full comp insurance.