SAU Community

Stereo Install

SKYS2

iv done a few in my days , no troubles , but my sky has the original jap cassette player in it still , how do i go about getting it out and accessing the cables etc , to fix my new one in , any diagrams or diy online , cant find much , and one have any insight how to just get access to taking it out , or where do i start unscrewing things.

yeah i searched harder

http://r33stereo.groovesystems.net/

only problem i think my front right speaker is blown , i didnt pay attention to it when the stock sterio was in , hence iv only had the car 2 days , but yeah the wires are all correct .

im replacing all the speakers tomorrow night , and hopefully they will all work , then ill add my sub n amp .

do you recon its better to run 4 speakers off the head deck and just sub off the amp .?

before in my old car i had 2 back speakers on the amp+ the sub . speakers would take to much bass

this way im thinking run everything off the head deck , and the sub off the amp only . my new head deck can tune the sub aside from a standard setting ie: high bass , which would make the sub more bassier and have bass in speakers , which sounds shit .

so hopefully this way i will just have bass out of the sub.

also any one know how to remove beeping sound when you have keys in ignition to run sterio? fair enough for lights etc.... but if i were to disconnect igtion cable would it just run when ever i like?

i took my double din out 5 days ago on my r33 s2

unbolt the console near where your seat belt clips in and then undo about 10 other screws holding the brackets.

everything seems to come out easy putting it back can be a little tricky especialy if you drop a screw, Doh!

Edited by thorpe84

for the beeping sound look for a buzzer and you can just disconnect the connector loom to stop it, from memory its on the right hand side near the steering column under the dash.

for the 4 speakers, if your deck is powerful enough (most arent) and if around 7 watts RMS will satisfy you then run them of the deck.

but otherwise get your self a decent small 4CH amp and reward yourself with a powerful all round system thats not just heavy in bass.

but otherwise get your self a decent small 4CH amp and reward yourself with a powerful all round system thats not just heavy in bass.

And open up the world of problems that is getting the alternator whine out of your r33.