SAU Community

How To: Replace R33 Climate Control Bulbs To Leds #2

RANDY

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

This is a great arrangement of resistor onto the housings! And if you want to go back to lilliput, you havent damaged

the housings in any way...

Btw, you can use 5mm leds even in the smaller T3 enclosures...the reason they dont drop down enough is because

there is a ridge/lip on the LED...if you can get access to a lathe, you can machine down the led bases (just shy of

the junction) to a single diameter to suit. They press in nicely into the T3 housings and sit a mm shorter than the

original lilliput bulbs!

Ive attached a shot of the modified 5mm LED and an unmodified one. My climate control looks awesome with

a white background!

post-49936-1273841261_thumb.jpg

The LED look like the Neo Wedge LEDs and you can buy them on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2pcs-T3-T4-T5-Neo-W...=item2ead1eb9f4

Depend which what size.

At the time of writing, there was really nothing available as a drop-in replacement.

That being said, the LED's in the auction look to be ideal... they have a flat top for better dispersement of light.

The last and largest of those three (12mm) looks identical to the stock holders that you pull out.

FYI to everyone else: my A/C LED's are still working perfectly! =-D

-Steve

• 6 months later...

just did the original method of this, except with a 40000k white LED, same resistor though 120OHM, worked a treat :) only it looks a little yellower than i was hoping, doesnt really match the LEDs in my cluster :/

• 5 months later...

I dont know much about these resistors etc but is there some sort of LED on ebay that does not require that resistor?? really want to just have something that goes straight in without playing with resistors etc as i dont kno anything about them could someone help me out with either a link for the globes or another alternative eliminating these resistors

Cheers

I dont know much about these resistors etc but is there some sort of LED on ebay that does not require that resistor?? really want to just have something that goes straight in without playing with resistors etc as i dont kno anything about them could someone help me out with either a link for the globes or another alternative eliminating these resistors

Cheers

From the description here http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4x-Neo-Wedge-LED-Bulbs-T3-T4-T5-White-Blue-Red-Green-/110460423099?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19b7f44bbb#ht_5174wt_689 I would say no, they are a drop in replacement ready to go.

I can see a weekend of blown globe replacement and tacho fixing soon :)

Mike

• 11 months later...

hay guys i didet wanna much around with new leds and what no so i found a drop in globs http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2pcs-T3-T4-T5-Neo-Wedge-Amber-UV-Purple-LED-Bulbs-/190677795218?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c65484192

i bought them look like a good idear at the time but the light is to long and wont screw in. so no point trying this guys. hope this answer some question,

what other idear do you guys have?

• 2 years later...
  • 9 years later...