SAU Community

Custom Colour Options For Factory Black Paint?

SS8_Gohan

I reckon this car looks nice as, the guy who owns it is on these forums but he's in the states can't remember the username though but he would be able to give you more info about the paint job.

isnt he in canada

budget is fairly tight, so we'll see how it goes. I might just add more metallic chips. How much you get em for ni?

might pop down to subaru in mentone on the weeked and have a look at the black, sounds interesting :/

not sure about green though :rofl:

is the nissan clear coat thing just a gimmick? does it really work and what $$ are we talking?

ordered em off ebay for like $15 delivered from the US.

the candy red was about $20 delivered from the same place

i guess the extra $200 isn't in extra equipment then, must take a fair bit more time to add extra metallic/pearl in. I thought metallic/mica would just be mixed in and sprayed as per normal? i can understand extra work with pearls but flakes??

ok ppl's, car is in, Vu said i've got till tuesday/wednesday to decided on colour.

will try and make a trip to subaru to check out the black you guys are raving on about, and maybe even get a paint code. Might also have a squiz at BMW (work above Kingsway BMW)

i'm very keen to see a black car with silver pearl/silver chips/flakes whatever you want to call it. Vu (guy at DT Panels) said it's hard to see on a black car, so it might not be worth the extra $200, but i'd still like to see it anyway. Anyone know of any examples? willing to drive round a little to have a look...

that auto-salon type pic looks super sparkly, don't think i really want something like that. I don't mind metallic, but that looks like adding a million 5 cent pieces

EDIT: What about black with WHITE pearl? if silver doesn't show, white might? or is that just a silly idea?

Vu at DT Panels is looking after the beast (well, stock as a rock, meh... :D) i've got till bout Tuesday to decide on a colour... i'm getting a lot of ppl say Matte and Satin black... i started a thread before about it and the idea was shot down. Not that is the be all and end all, but i'm wondering why the change of ppl's minds?

I must admit, i have seen FnF 2 or 3, did i miss something from those movies? :(

hmmm... decisions, decisions...