SAU Community

Noel

Well here is the story...I have a bog stock R33 S2 GTS-T Manual *4Door Sedan*

Anyway my mate has a R33 S1 Coupe running 14psi, front mount, full exhaust with a split dump & was going to run his so i thought i would go watch...anyway i never planned on racing as i finished work late but he called me & said there was not much people so i took my helmet & rego just in case...when i got there was was not many cars lining up to register so i thought what the heck.

Correct me if i am wrong but specs for a R33 Coupe say 14.7 for a stocker down the qtr so i was thinking since mine is an odd 40kg heavier being a sedan plus i had a full tank of ultimate which i filled night before plus i have a sub in my boot etc that i would run a low 15 or at best a really late 14

First pass was a bit nervous & stuffed up & it bogged down a bit after initial axle tramp but to my suprise i got a 14.6 with a 2.2 60ft & 95mph...i was like what tha f-ck? thats awesome

14.6.PDF

Next pass i took my air filter panel out of box to see if it went better. Again off start i bogged down again but only just & it squatted nicely off the line but missed my change from 3rd to 4th & hit limiter for a second or two & was amazed to pull a 14.3 with a 2.0 60ft & 96mph

14.3.PDF

3rd pass gave a bit too much off the line & spun & only did a 14.5 with a 2.3 60ft at 96pmh

14.5.PDF

Last pass totally stuffed it...bogged on take off & then went from 2nd into 5th so did a 16.1 hehe with a 2.3 60ft

16.1.PDF

Anyway i was totally surprised & I reckon on a colder night with newer tyres less fuel & sub etc out i could pull very close to a 14.1

What do you guys think & what have other stockies run before?

Edited by Noel

oh & also without air filter panel felt alot more throttle response but also noticed it blew a bit of black smoke when i backed off ie running a bit rich...when i put panel back in still blew a tiny bit of smoke but barley as much?

why is that?

I think croat likes Drag Radials now. 7/10's off the PB in one meeting isn't bad at all.

Also, Noofa (Nathan) from Bezerkly Automotive had his first shot at racing last night in his R32 4-door. Straight into the 13's with a 13.9 @ 98mph is awesome for a first go. Huge congrats.

Adrian

What do you guys find is the best launch technique?

I found that lower revs (2000-2500rpm) dumping it with a bit of axle tramp/hop & bog was better than higher revs (3000+rpm) slipping the clutch or just dumping with a little bit of wheelspin controlled by throttle

Noel is your car TOTALLY stock?

Stock Exhaust

Stock Intercooler

Stock Rims

Stock Boost

etcetc?

What brand/size tyres were you running?

Impressive time either way!

:rofl:

Stock as they come...Only thing i have done is put a MP3 Player, Sub & Amp hehe

Tyres are Bridgestone Potenzas r16 205/55 i think about 50% tread

Oh...i did let tyres down to about 22psi (from 33psi) also

NSCC = Nissan Sports Car Club.

Let's just say that SAU and WSID aren't on the greatest of terms these days, so your best bet is to try and tag onto a private track hire day organised by another club - in addition to the club's mentioned by Ben, v8owners.com.au (i think) also organise them fairly regularly.

Private track days are excellent though - I got over 20 runs at the last SAU day and could have had plenty more.

im planing on going out in the next few weeks....I have a fairly stock r33 96 S2, just a pod and getting a split dump, 5"cat and 3" all the way. What kind of times should i be aiming for?

from my times in a dead stocker if you can get a 2.0-2.2 60ft you should crack a 13.9-14.1 i reckon with about 98-100mph with your mods...what do the rest of you think?

• 3 weeks later...