SAU Community

Coilovers

not2.5 r33

nothing...chances are they are just as hard and stiff as the other two models.

Look at dampening and height adjustability between the models.

What sort of power does your 2530 put out?

Edited by r33_racer

nothing...chances are they are just as hard and stiff as the other two models.

Look at dampening and height adjustability between the models.

What sort of power does your 2530 put out?

umm its in getting tuned atm but b4 that it had 350 ish at wheels on 16 psi

umm its in getting tuned atm but b4 that it had 350 ish at wheels on 16 psi

i just sold the old coilovers off my car,it had tein type hr on the rear and ha on the front,sold for $350

Edited by mjones

well ill put down my opinion of jap spec tein HA's...pure crap. I even swapped spring rates down to something more sensible and it was still bloudy shocking. Poor design, poor setup with spring rates. Mind you this is for a track car, not road car. But ive had a set in my old sil80. Still the same problems though.

Heres a little bit of real world difference. Race car with teins meant no weight transfer, so off the line wheelspin was enormous. Race car with no teins, replaced with SK's setup and actual weight transfer occuring saw the wheels get traction and then spit the tailshaft out. Moral is unless your wanting to drift or you just like a real stiff ride with lots of bumps and jolts then stay away from teins(cant talk about aus spec, dont know them yet). However if you want a good ride with good handling and a sporty feel try the bilstein group buy.

I have the super streets on the 32. Absolutely unreal handling. They are also compatible with the electronic controller (EDC). I would recommend them to anyone, even those with track cars. RGM Maintenance's R32 GTR targa tasmania track car gained (I think) 5 places just from swapping from the Jap spec to the Aus spec Teins.

well ill put down my opinion of jap spec tein HA's...pure crap. I even swapped spring rates down to something more sensible and it was still bloudy shocking. Poor design, poor setup with spring rates. Mind you this is for a track car, not road car. But ive had a set in my old sil80. Still the same problems though.

Heres a little bit of real world difference. Race car with teins meant no weight transfer, so off the line wheelspin was enormous. Race car with no teins, replaced with SK's setup and actual weight transfer occuring saw the wheels get traction and then spit the tailshaft out. Moral is unless your wanting to drift or you just like a real stiff ride with lots of bumps and jolts then stay away from teins(cant talk about aus spec, dont know them yet). However if you want a good ride with good handling and a sporty feel try the bilstein group buy.

I'll agree with this. I had 2 setups before the bilsteins went in. And they are by far the best (2nd set up was 100% custom for the car, the bilsteins are still 10x better) Better quality, better ride, better handeling. And cost lest (for me at least) than the fulcrum tiens would have. I also tried different suspension settings with all set ups to make sure it wasnt that.

im only getting the front set of hr not the rear my car at the moment has tein suspension in it but there not adjustable and there stiff as shit ive had them checked and the guy said there not coilovers but deffinatly tein so i dunno the reason i want the hr's for the front is because my front left corner has dropped a couple of centimeters probably due to stuffed spring and some adjustable suspension could cure this

im only getting the front set of hr not the rear my car at the moment has tein suspension in it but there not adjustable and there stiff as shit ive had them checked and the guy said there not coilovers but deffinatly tein so i dunno the reason i want the hr's for the front is because my front left corner has dropped a couple of centimeters probably due to stuffed spring and some adjustable suspension could cure this

Dude, not trying to tell you what to do... But wouldnt finding out what the problem actualy is be a good idea before spending money if you dont need to.

But hey, if you want them anyway then by all means just change them. But if its not what the problem is then your throwing money away.

Best all around handling skyline I've been in had Ohlins - GTR though. Then again I don't like the weight transfer of the softer spring rates SK is selling. If your using it on the street don't go crazy on the spring rates. Even the 8kg font\6Kg rear setup in my old R33 was too stiff for daily street driving espically on the highway!!

Well if its the sring, just get another spring :pirate:

Either way the bilstiens are the better option.

yea i understand and agree with you although im getting these front coilovers for like 300 delivered and to me that is a quick fix for my lousy spring the suspension in my car atm is old and the sooner i get rid of it the better i dont really have the money atm the fork out for a full set of bilsteins which im guessing would cost around 1500 ???????