SAU Community

G A M E O V E R (insert Coin)

thorpe84

nah they pics dont do it justice at all, the dents look small where is in real life they are f**ken nasty.

i dont know the full extend of it but every panels is ruined the roof is f**ked, doors barely open/close apart from that the engine works and the interior is ok

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i agree with the comments that no lsd is actually way more dangerous and is unpredictable as hell. 1 in 10 times it will suddenly spin lsd and snap soo hard u dont have time to counter react as u just dont expect it. ive had a few hairy moments in my first vl turbo (no lsd) that almost ended up in disaster when i had the auto kickdown a gear in the wet and i was fish tailing across 2 lanes and ended up on a footpath about 1 metre from a brickwall. drifting a lsd car is sooo easy and u know its gonna kickout but its easy to save it and control it unlike 1 wheel spinners.

lsd's ftw :nuke:

These I smashed my car and don't have insurance threads are becoming very common. While I sympathise with people being asked to pay 3k per year for full comp insurance on a car worth less than 20k. It’s a rip off but it's you're choice. Maybe you should reconsider the type car you buy until you're older? Nothing turbo will be heaps cheaper to insure. If you can't resist and must buy a performance car, at least pay for third party insurance. Maybe even put away the money you saved into a "just incase" bank account. Drive sensibly, go on a defensive driving course and avoid the temptation to be a d*ckhead when you're mates are in the car.

I know it's bloody hard but you don't want to owe thousands because you smashed into someone's expensive euro car or something. Worse still, also owe money on you're car which you can no longer drive either.

Not a good way to start you're adult life being in debt all because you just had to buy some fast car to impress you're mates. Buying a car is one thing, running it including all the other expences is another.

Yes you are a silly for not getting insurance, you could of spun shit and said you were driving it! How do you think the rest of people claim insurance?

Im sorry your car is a write off but you really need to get insurance sorted before you start driving a sports car thats worth more than 2 K.

Ah well, I guess your GF owes you lots of different favours, sexual, unsexual you name it!

These I smashed my car and don't have insurance threads are becoming very common. While I sympathise with people being asked to pay 3k per year for full comp insurance on a car worth less than 20k. It’s a rip off but it's you're choice. Maybe you should reconsider the type car you buy until you're older? Nothing turbo will be heaps cheaper to insure. If you can't resist and must buy a performance car, at least pay for third party insurance. Maybe even put away the money you saved into a "just incase" bank account. Drive sensibly, go on a defensive driving course and avoid the temptation to be a d*ckhead when you're mates are in the car.

I know it's bloody hard but you don't want to owe thousands because you smashed into someone's expensive euro car or something. Worse still, also owe money on you're car which you can no longer drive either.

Not a good way to start you're adult life being in debt all because you just had to buy some fast car to impress you're mates. Buying a car is one thing, running it including all the other expences is another.

okay....

1st, i wasnt driving, gf was

2nd its an auto NON TURBO

3rd there were no friends around not in car or anywhere else

4th i dont owe money on it, i had saved up and payed for it outright

5th if your going to comment like that on this thread then i suggest you actualy spend the time to read it

whats with the whole i wasn't driving thing...

if you're talking about insurance, i'm pretty sure its still covered, just a higher excess for a non nominated driver, + any other excesses that applied to the driver at the time...under 25 etc...

and you were in the car with her, so i think it'd be covered...

lol nah, it wasnt insured fullstop

i had an illusion in my head that if someone else was driving then it wasnt insured for them if they stacked it

either way it doesnt matter now - iv just been raped by a barbed wire baseball bat

anyone know how much an rb25 non turbo is worth? all the jap import places online seem to be really old and not updated with price + 99% are the det so i have no idea how much its worth

Mate, I read you're post. I was simply commenting on the delema of having an aciedent and not having any insurance. The comments were general and not aimed at you or you're situation.

I feel for you. My first car was a bomb worth 3K and I was quoted around a thousand for full comp. Paid $250 for third party and was lucky not to need it.

okay....

1st, i wasnt driving, gf was

2nd its an auto NON TURBO

3rd there were no friends around not in car or anywhere else

4th i dont owe money on it, i had saved up and payed for it outright

5th if your going to comment like that on this thread then i suggest you actualy spend the time to read it

Ahh the benefit of proxied hindsight.

Let me give you my story of why I didn't get insurance on my cefiro.

Agreed value of $15k (couldn't replace it with that anyway)

$2800 for the year.

$1000 excess

$600 age excess

$1400 driver excess

$400 stereo excess

$600 wheel excess

$1000 theft/fire/non nominated party damage excess

so.. about $7k if the car was stolen in the first year and the thieves decided that uninstalling the stereo and removing the wheels and leaving them wasn't something they'd like to do.

I owned the car for 2-3years and it wasn't stolen. So really, speaking strictly in a risk mitigation sense I saved $7000 worth of risk exposure in the third year. Yes I realise this is bodgy accounting but insurance just isn't practical for some people and they make a calculated risk.

So assuming people have thought about it and taken the risk when they luck out it's not really "nice", even though it might be true to give them vicarious hindsight.. I'm sure they're already thinking about how nice it would have been to have insurance, or not crash the car.

If it was me I'd be taking out $15,000 worth of sex on my gf on top of anything I'm already getting/giving ;) So... .. my advice here is to setup hand signals or code words which mean anything from "get busy" to "bend over" .. it'll make you both feel better!!

When I lived in the UK, and drove around in 10-15 year old hot hatches, I generally expected to spend nearly the same annually on insurance as I purchased the car for...

UK depritiation is much, much higher than here, but I was spending about GBP 1,000 (AUD 2,500) on the car plus GBP 800 (AUD 2,000) for the third party fire and theft insurance.

My last car in the UK, before migrating to OZ was a GBP 300 Citroen BX GTi with ABS, alloys, power everything. Cost me GBP 700 to insure it, but it was quick and economical. Sold the door mirror for GBP 50 to the guy who used to service it, and let him keep the rest of the car when I left...

[hey man thats a killer isnt it i just had a crash in my r33gts with no insurance ran up the back of an hyundai accent still waitin 2 c how much its gonna cost me got quoted $4500 4 mine, i was insured but it had ran out like 2wks b4 and i was plannin on sellin the car so didnt bother insuring it as i was just gonna drive da old ladys car but like an idiot i drove and prob looked right at a roundabout instead of watchin da old guy in front of me deciding to slam on the brakes. i live just off the eastern think i saw your car afta the crash i'll definitly b learin a lesson from it from havin no insurance guess u will now as well wish we coulda just broken a side mirror or somethin and learnt our lesson but dats life huh good luck mate hope ya get bak on the road soon

Sorry to hear about your car.. good to hear you and your misses are ok..

except Just Car's excess would have been just as horrendous as the premium I would think.

agreed!!!

Ahh the benefit of proxied hindsight.

Let me give you my story of why I didn't get insurance on my cefiro.

Agreed value of $15k (couldn't replace it with that anyway)

$2800 for the year.

$1000 excess

$600 age excess

$1400 driver excess

$400 stereo excess

$600 wheel excess

$1000 theft/fire/non nominated party damage excess

why my silvia is only insured third party fire and theft (still around 600 bux a year)

ok... first bought my silvia back in 04.. fairly stock s13 silvia.. all it had done was rb20det and 5speed conversion.. stock computer stock sidemount only a cat back exhaust

ok flew down to brissy with cash went out looked at the car and paid for it then and there(9500 cash) drove to dot got rego'd changed over

drove back to sisters place rang up to get a quote for full comp insurance before dirivn it back to cairns.. 6500 a year insured for a measly 10 grand value.. oh and the excess(4500 if i was driving 5000 if i wasnt) worked out that if i wrote it off i'd actualy be just giving just cars 1000 to 1500.. for some cars it is simply not worth insuring them with full comp

i was 18 at the time.. had a few speeding tickets hadnt lost my license and i live in a fairly sedate neighboorhood

seeing as the cars been off the road for the last year im in talkings with justcars on an agreed value insurance setup as its no longer a 10 grand basicaly stock silvia but depending on how much they want i may just reinsure it for 3rd party fire and theft as its cheaper to throw 5 grand in the bank each year than throw it to some insurance company and get half of it back.. as my silvia is bog stock on the outside.. its cheaper to buy another non turbo silvia and swap all my gear into it and replace the little driveline parts that get damaged.

but yer.. some cars just arent worth insuring.

Edited by rb26s13

[hey man thats a killer isnt it i just had a crash in my r33gts with no insurance ran up the back of an hyundai accent still waitin 2 c how much its gonna cost me got quoted $4500 4 mine, i was insured but it had ran out like 2wks b4 and i was plannin on sellin the car so didnt bother insuring it as i was just gonna drive da old ladys car but like an idiot i drove and prob looked right at a roundabout instead of watchin da old guy in front of me deciding to slam on the brakes. i live just off the eastern think i saw your car afta the crash i'll definitly b learin a lesson from it from havin no insurance guess u will now as well wish we coulda just broken a side mirror or somethin and learnt our lesson but dats life huh good luck mate hope ya get bak on the road soon

been wondering if you were a member on here. I see your car parked at your work everyday...sometimes next to another silver R33 with big decals on the side

• 2 weeks later...

I got a cover note the minute I registered my gts-t, was still scratching my head wondering if it was worth paying the $1060 lump sum that just car wanted (why the hell dont they let you pay it monthly?) when I slid it into a guardrail.

Payed the premium the next morning.

Made the claim about 20 minutes later.