SAU Community

Anyone Had Their Car Resprayed Black?

SS8_Gohan

hey all

car's getting a respray at the moment, still got a few days to decide on what colour to do the car. Factory Nissan R34 black at the moment, but they asked if i wanted to add any pearls, extra metallic chips, mica, etc... i wasn't really sure. I was keen on a silver pearl but the guy said it doesn't really show up much on a black car.

So just wondering for those that have had a black respray, did you just go a Nissan black, or did you add some pearls? extra chips/flakes? Anyone with pictures specifically :)

I'm very keen to see some examples of Black with Silver pearl if anyone of you have a ride like that. I like the idea of silver pearl, but don't want to waste $200 for something i can't see.

cheers!

daniel

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was my old car...it was a metallic purple or cherry black, or gtr purple kinda look...

Looks almost black at night...but in the sun , the purple comes out really well.

mypic20.jpg

mypic11.jpg

Would look really unique on a 34....IMO, don't get the flakes or specs etc...looks tacky if not done properly.

piccies??

yeah marcus, door jams being sprayed... at this stage, for the money, it seems pearl maybe be a little waste.. so i might just add more metallic chips. Still would love to know what a black with silver pearl looks like before i do it

EDIT: purple looks good on that car, but not my thing sorry. The car is definitely staying black, it's just what combo of black i'm not sure...

if the car is dirty the pearl won't show up as well.

the other problem is that if you went jet black with lots of gloss and nothing else it would look super when it was clean and polished. when you add a pearl it makes the colour duller.

SS8 GOHAN im thinking of the same for my r33. either to respray standard black as it is now or go a different black. check out the new porsche black they use. i see it on my mates GT2 and it looks fit. not sure of paint code or anything like that but worth a look.

what about that XR6T colour, its a realy dark colour, but when the sun hits it, its kind of purple. i found this to be damn sexy when i actually payed attention to it, just dunno the name of the colour

Your pretty much in the same boat as me...

Just waiting for my new kit to arrive from Japan in a months or so and im putting the car into get resprayed black again....too many stone chips and the cars been keyed a few times.

Im staying black as thats the "theme" im after.....but instead of going factory R34 black im trying to get my hands on this one called "Special Black" forget which company makes it though...

This "Special Black" is pretty much the BLACKEST BLACK you can buy, other blacks including most factory blacks have some sort of metallic or pearl through it and look purpley or blueish in the sunlight, but this is just the deepest darkest black you can get...seen it on an s15 before and it was stunning !! such a nice deep black with no other colours whatsoever

PS

my factory black has a purple tinge to it in direct sunlight

what kit you getting shonen? and are you losing your rear spoiler? :)

hmm... jet black... i was kinda keen on metallic, i was actually leaning towards more metallic chips into the factory black. Damn it... i'm so confused :P

You got any pics of this "special black"?

hehe thanks n15mo :P

Nah I got the spoiler to go with the kit and I plan to go back to the track again and I need something for the extra downforce in the rear...

Plus its a CF URAS spoiler not a stockie ;)

hmmmmmm I think I had some pics of it ages ago in my old pc...but it died...not sure if it is in the pics I salvaged before it died though...ill check tonight...at work atm.

I think if your going to have some nice dished wheels or white or bronze etc than yeah the metallics will work well with it, but I got black wheels with dish with the intention of getting the car resprayed in the blackest black money can buy....

As for what kit I got....hehehe ill post up pics when im done :)

Its a genuine item from Japan though....and its costing me an arm and a leg to get it over here but im hoping to the first if not only GTT in the country with it...well at least a genuine kit :D

Edited by shonen

black with a green pearl mate. I've done it a thousand times and looks great!!!! :P

Green is pretty much the only pearl that won't change the true shine or colour of a black base coat as mentioned earlier.

Try to keep away from the black and silver cause it will be a waste of money. It will either completely change the colour of your car or you just won't see it.

Pearls usually only work well when matched to the right colour.

Violet works ok too.

Hope I helped. Good luck :)