SAU Community

**skyline R33 Series Ii Manual Turbo**

Just got my car in from Japan. Did a compression test and 2 cylinders look are low on compression, most probably due to piston rings.

Colour: white

Kms: only 68,000 !

Tranmission: manual

Engine: RB25DET (2.6 litre)

Aftermarket modifications:

- Professionally rebuilt engine from Japan with forged RB26 pistons (need of a rebuild)

- Metal head gasket

- Trust TDO6-25G turbo with braided oil lines

- Trust exhaust manifold

- Trust HPC coated intercooler piping (some is custom by Autobase in Japan)

- Trust tube and fin intercooler 100mm thick!

- Trust external wastegate

- Trust screamer pipe

- Trust oil cooler with braided oil lines and relocator kit

- GReedy inlet plenum

- Kakimoto turbo back exhaust

- 300ZX AFM

- POD filter

- 17” ADVAN trispoke rims (very expensive and awesome build quality, great for drags)

- Zeal brake rotors!

- Original Veilside Body kit (not in great nick, needs upgrade)

- Gauges, different types: fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temp etc.

- JIC fully adjustable coilover suspension

- Front strut brace

- Rear strut brace

- HKS turbo timer

- Aftermarket bigger injectors (they are red, so I assume they are nismo 555cc? huh.gif )

- mechanical LSD

- Big aftermarket fuel pump

- Adjustable fuel regulator

- Clutch twin plate (unsure of brand)

- Tyres Bridgestone, good nick

- Remapped ECU

car is on carsales for 16.5k uncomplied

heres the link My Webpage

The engine can be rebuilt cheaply by just replacing the rings but a full rebuild with forged pistons, race bearings, tensioners, gaskets etc. will cost 3k all up. Reason why I'm not rebuilding it is because I can't afford it. My price is 14k neg, add the value of the parts second hand and if you had the time , you could sell them, source the standard replacements and comply and sell it for a profit.

Car is perfect for drag and drift, and ideal for someone thinking about building a tought 3 litre RB30. Need to get rid of it ASAP, all offers will be considered including trades. Will happily send interstate at my own cost if I get a reasonable offer.

I paid 10k Australian for the car in auction in Japan alone so i'm going to lose a fair bit of money

Edited by SOOKIE

Hi Dan,

WHat's the deal with compliance on this? I mean, can the buyer simply take it to any R33 accredited RAWS and get it done? I thought that in order to get this complied the import approval had to be obtained by the RAWS workshop who would actually be doing the compliance on the car. Which means if I were to buy this interstate, do I need to get it complied first by the RAWS who has applied for the import approval? Cos I'm just thinking this through.....they probably won't comply till the car is both stock ( or relatively close to....) and engine is fine (?), so this may be a little more of a headache than it first appears.

Can you clear up the situation around how / where / who must or can comply this?

Cheers mate,

J