SAU Community

Wrx Track Day - Calder - Sun 22 Oct

Bec

Why a Tuesday in the middle of the week?

Anyway...good luck and hope you wip....errrr...not wipe.....that REXES arse.

Don't shame the SAU Club.......

Maybe we should sponsor a few drivers to go around the circuits and get a good rep.

THEY WOULD HAVE TO WIN THOUGH :thumbsup::thumbsup::angry:;);)

agh.. just realised this is a Tuesday not on the weekend... thanks 700hp-GTR33!

WHAT??? - this event is on a SUNDAY people.

It is NOT on a Tuesday as some people are saying.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats got me buggered why I thought that :P

I must have been reading another thread...... :P

Sorry guys....NICK33 hey.....someone let him know ...I think he wanted to go :)

its okay I know now... obviously I am very easiliy influenced by others! haha.... and can't count... or read... its all very sad :D

Bugger it. Even though i have better things that i shoud be doing. Im going to gas up the old girl for one more run at Sandown on Sunday.

Just need to get the diff in. Would love to do Calder, but Sandown is so much more fun and i will need the Saturday to get things done on the car

Folks, please,,,, Sandown ain't that good.

I reckon, in order :

1. Phillip Island

2. Phillip Is...

ok, now really,

1. Phillip Island

2. Winton

3. Sandown

4. Driving in heavy traffic with a tripple plate button clutch on a hot day with no aircon and the car is overheating and the windows won't wind down

5. Calder

I'm doing Calder because that track and I have some unfinished business to take care of.

There is an Island day in December with the Alfa Club. That would be a great way to sign off for the year. Anyone interested ?

I reckon, in order :

1. Phillip Island

2. Phillip Is...

ok, now really,

1. Phillip Island

2. Winton

3. Sandown

4. Driving in heavy traffic with a tripple plate button clutch on a hot day with no aircon and the car is overheating and the windows won't wind down

5. Calder

I'm doing Calder because that track and I have some unfinished business to take care of.

There is an Island day in December with the Alfa Club. That would be a great way to sign off for the year. Anyone interested ?

I agree with Aaron. I don't see what everyone gets off about Sandown.

Tracks I've dirven my order would go.

1. Phillip Island

2. Calder GP Masters (where you turn left at the end of the straight and do a lap of the Thunderdome)

3. Wakefield

4. Deca Wang (You all know its cool)

5. Winton

6. Sandown

7. Calder National

Aaron I'll be up for Alfa Club in Dec for sure. I haven't been to the Island this year yet. I'll save my new tyres for it. :(

You can tell how good ppls cars are by the tracks they like :)

I dont like Phillip Island or Winton as my car is a bumbl,ing mess at them. Long sweeping corners bring my car undone half way through them where it just loses the plot. Ditto under brakes...all too often you are braking with a bit of attitude on the car which means my car wants to swap ends and kill you. So you have to take it easy when coming up to corners and brake early and lightly. :P

So then take Sandown, and car shortcomings can be muscled around as the corners are all slow 90deg corners. Braking is all typically in a straight line, so you can really attack the braking, and mucle the car through the corners getting onthe power early and using the kerb on the exit to get onto the straights. In a POS car you can still drive pretty hard and have fun.

Pi, Winton etc you cant do that :P

So, of the tracks i have driven, the most fun are:

1. Sandown

2. Oran Park

3. Wakefield.

4. Phillip Island

5. Eastern Creek

6. Calder

7. Winton

You can tell how good ppls cars are by the tracks they like :)

I dont like Phillip Island or Winton as my car is a bumbl,ing mess at them. Long sweeping corners bring my car undone half way through them where it just loses the plot. Ditto under brakes...all too often you are braking with a bit of attitude on the car which means my car wants to swap ends and kill you. So you have to take it easy when coming up to corners and brake early and lightly. :P

So then take Sandown, and car shortcomings can be muscled around as the corners are all slow 90deg corners. Braking is all typically in a straight line, so you can really attack the braking, and mucle the car through the corners getting onthe power early and using the kerb on the exit to get onto the straights. In a POS car you can still drive pretty hard and have fun.

Pi, Winton etc you cant do that :O

So, of the tracks i have driven, the most fun are:

1. Sandown

2. Oran Park

3. Wakefield.

4. Phillip Island

5. Eastern Creek

6. Calder

7. Winton

That's an impressive list

I reckon, in order :

1. Phillip Island

2. Phillip Is...

ok, now really,

1. Phillip Island

2. Winton

3. Sandown

5. Calder

I'm there, and I'm going to the PIARC day on the 18th of November as well. It's a 1.49 or the ocean!! :P

Regards

Andrew

dane come do PI this w/e with me then!

I'd love to, but my car is off the road :P

It won't be seeing the light of day for the next few months

Troy: You rate Winton that low??! You've gotta get your car sorted then, 'coz I don't think I've ever had more fun than I did on that track!