SAU Community

Wrx Track Day - Calder - Sun 22 Oct

Bec

YAY 110's, im sooo excited! That was so much fun.

Ryan - Next time gadget, we were even all day and then 110 flat, half a second quicker than me. I have some work to do *rubs hands together*

Well done Matt, a 105 very impressive!! :D

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It sure was a nice day to be racing.

It was good to be out there again throwing the car around :)

Jack, thanks mate. I'm happy with the time all things considered. I'm sure more track experience and some further tweaking wouldn't go astray. Also, I now have a better appreciation of how fast you guys doing sub 1.03's are going - feels like daylight between 1.04 and 1.02!!

The 'drive home diagnosis' revealed a leak on the boost side so i think a cooler hose or something like that has come loose or split.

Matt, 1.05's for your setup is fantastic. Well done.

Aaron, that thing is crazy. Congrats on the PB. If there ever was a day you'd pull off a PB, today would have been it. I hope you have settled the score with this track :D

Well done to Justine too, I'd hate to think how much slower I'd be on street tyres so the 1.10 is a top effort.

Good to meet Kon too and hope you enjoyed your first track day. Good to see the supra out there. I'm sure you would have learned heaps and probably have a big list of things you'd like to do to the car as well.

Congrats to all with great times all round. everyone cracked their best times. the weather couldn't have been better.

Bloody good times from the drifters. Impressive !!

Good to see Archie cracking sub 105s. That's cool.

shame about Jacks sparkie tip. Made my flat seem pretty insignificant. I reckon with a few laps today Jack would have been in the 101s for sure.

Let's hope Racepace can sort it so we can take these beasts for a blast around Eastern Creek in a few weeks. That track is killer in V8 Supercars 3.

Good work all.

Archie, - obviously that big single was working well!

My clutch/master cylinder seems to have given up on the 3 flying lap of the day - so Ben will be getting more business next week - Jack and me! I hope it's not a gearbox as R32 boxes are not exactly thick on the ground.

Looks like it could be the battle of the '32s now!

Regards

Andrew

Edited by BBGTR

YAY 110's, im sooo excited! That was so much fun.

Ryan - Next time gadget, we were even all day and then 110 flat, half a second quicker than me. I have some work to do *rubs hands together*

What a GREAT day. Started out shit, blew a tyre which took nearly three hours out of the day. Got back out there on some better rubber and it was on! Cant believe we got 1.10's Juzz, well done. Bring on DECA!

I have to say a big thanks to Benny for bringing me tyres from the other side of town, and Ricky for putting them on the rims! It looked like it was all over at 10am. Also goodwork with the camera bigbird.

Congrats on everyones PB's, and thanks to the WRX club for a great year of trackdays!

Andrew

Yeah she's working ok but i have to fight it a bit as the power comes on - not very linear at all.

Twins are where it's at, unless i go 3 ltr of course :D

Spewing you had an early retiremant and the fact that we were in different groups. I would of been keen to follow you around to see the difference.

I hope it's only your master cylinder too.

Sounds good, but we also need to keep some 33's and 34's honest too........here's hoping!!!

Andrew

Yeah she's working ok but i have to fight it a bit as the power comes on - not very linear at all.

Twins are where it's at, unless i go 3 ltr of course :)

Spewing you had an early retiremant and the fact that we were in different groups. I would of been keen to follow you around to see the difference.

I hope it's only your master cylinder too.

Sounds good, but we also need to keep some 33's and 34's honest too........here's hoping!!!

No worries, I'll make sure we are in the same group next time.....I know people :D

Cheers

Andrew

What a GREAT day. Started out shit, blew a tyre which took nearly three hours out of the day. Got back out there on some better rubber and it was on! Cant believe we got 1.10's Juzz, well done. Bring on DECA!

I have to say a big thanks to Benny for bringing me tyres from the other side of town, and Ricky for putting them on the rims! It looked like it was all over at 10am. Also goodwork with the camera bigbird.

Congrats on everyones PB's, and thanks to the WRX club for a great year of trackdays!

No probs frysie, anytime! Watching today made me wanna get my act together and get out there some time soon.

Thanks for the kind words people. It was a really fun day!

Game on wise guy, Deca here we come!!

Actually I don't have huge expectations for Deca, got my own personal goal of getting a top 3 in the 2wd class, best result has been 5th. It would merely be icing on the cake if i finished in front of you with a place :( hehe Eek, i'm not competitive, I'm just a girl (Like the song!!)...

Was an awesome day! Better than expected actually. DT wasnt bad at all, picked up many helpful pointers and progressed quite well through out the day, just glad i entered DT cause i had no clue what so ever during the first session.

Thanks Jack for the tape and holding my belongins with your things, hopefully next time u can take me for a spin and show me y these GTR's do 1:01's - 1:04's and Supra's dont :(

Damn Archie your car hammered down that straight with the big single

Aaron, your car is on drugs man

Well done Matt, u know u've done something right shaving off them 2 secs and all for PB

Had some issues with cheapo tyres, dampeners and ride height. I will need to raise front end a bit next time and soften up the dampeners, my car felt like i was going bush bashing through the outback.

Cant wait for next years season to start :O

Heres a few pics

post-19917-1161518106.jpg

post-19917-1161518150.jpg

post-19917-1161518179.jpg

post-19917-1161518210.jpg

post-19917-1161518248.jpg

post-19917-1161518275.jpg

post-19917-1161518321.jpg

post-19917-1161518374.jpg

post-19917-1161518432.jpg

post-19917-1161518676.jpg

post-19917-1161518715.jpg

Actually I don't have huge expectations for Deca, got my own personal goal of getting a top 3 in the 2wd class, best result has been 5th. It would merely be icing on the cake if i finished in front of you with a place :( hehe Eek, i'm not competitive, I'm just a girl (Like the song!!)...

Sounds like another wager!! haha. What will i do with a 180, a corona and a 200sx??!

"Got it, got it, got it.... SH1T! Who drained the oil from my brakes and ATTESA" ;)

LOL, how are you supposed to know how late you can break if you have looped it :D I would have thought i could out break the VH too :P