SAU Community

Pod Filter Box

SKYS2

what product would be good that wouldnt absorb heat , to make some kind of box or cylindrical housing for my pod filter , so no heat attacks it and so its more of a cai .

im thinking of running piping from the front to the pod , for more cooler air .

what products are heat resistant? cheers

yeah i see that lol , been looking around . i want to make a home made one , sad to cover the pod up though , i bought a real nice trust airinx one the other day . worth the money i can hear stock bov heaps louder now too.

but yeah im looking into finding something to cover it up. do you know wheather they are illegal to have ? .

got mine done last night, i think its 2 or 3mm thick pvc plastic sheet, used a heat gun to do the bends and plastic welded 1 corner. also put a pipe from a vent in my 400R front bar into the box for cold air, still gota paint it place so it looks legit(less hastles from cops), heres a pic i took off my fone, hope it helps

post-31419-1159356646.jpg

Edited by tigr33

just get an extra bit of pipe and hook ur pod filter under ur bumper (cut a hole to put the pipe through) - the extra 30cm of pipe makes up for the very cool air that is pretty much unrestricted.

or if u going to build a box - use something that is corrogated between two sheets of metal - it will have a poor heat conductivity compared to something that is solid.. and paint the outside of the box white or chrome.