SAU Community

O2 Sensor For R34 Gtt 98 Model

JustGTT

Hi All,

Can anybody tell me how much it usually costs for an o2 sensor on the R34 GTT. Also where can i buy one from? Apparently mine is not registering properly.

Also where can i get a radiator cap for the R34?

Thanks in Advance all.

Justin.

radiator cap and o2 sensor are probably both available from repco/autobarn.

the o2 sensor may possibly be the same as the r33, but i don't know for sure. if you know someone with a 33 have a look and compare them. i know the r33 are available from autobarn (i bought 1). it was about $120 for a NGK one.

the radiator cap should be a pretty universal item, it would just be getting the one with the right pressure rating so you don't end up blowing your radiator or hoses to bits.

O2 sensors can be purchased from Nissan but they are expensive. The R34 ones are the same as an EL falcon O2 sensor from memory...do a search or someone can confirm this...mine was replaced at around 40ks with the ford falcon one...cheaper option does the same thing.

Radiator caps are mostly universal..u can get ricey blitz or nismo ones from autobarn or ebay..bout $30 roughly.

What do you mean the O2 sensor isn't registering properly?

I changed sensor a few months ago. I can't say I've seen any noticeable difference. I did it to see if the fuel consumption would get any better. Sadly, no luck.

PS: I got mine from the City Nissan in Auckland (perhaps too far away from you), for about NZ$250.

my mechanic at Proconcept hooked up this liitle doohicky thing to my car and the air flow was not changing at all. He said the sensor needs to be replaced as the car will always try adjusting and consuming more fuel

I dont expect a huge difference in fuel consumption although maybe the engine light will stop coming on - turns on infrequently.

Trust your mechanic, but always keep an eye on him, I say. I changed mine at home with my mechanic friend (he did most of the work). It was really tough to remove the old ones, as it appeared to have fused itself to into the metal.

Good luck.

O2 sensors can be purchased from Nissan but they are expensive. The R34 ones are the same as an EL falcon O2 sensor from memory...do a search or someone can confirm this...mine was replaced at around 40ks with the ford falcon one...cheaper option does the same thing.

Radiator caps are mostly universal..u can get ricey blitz or nismo ones from autobarn or ebay..bout $30 roughly.

Thanks - So you did use the EL Falcon o2 sensor on your R34. Can you advise where you purchased this and how much it was.

Thanks

I've got an EL Falcon 02 sensor in my car... cost me about $60 from Repco...

Don't know why I bothered since my 02 sensor is doing absolutely nothing at the moment; just chills there being all cool inside my split dump :happy:

Thanks - So you did use the EL Falcon o2 sensor on your R34. Can you advise where you purchased this and how much it was.

Thanks

It was done thru my mechanic, they purchased it and fitted it and cost me $180 all up which was including labour. My chk engine light was coming on intermittently and they had to run it through their consult machine to determine what was faulty etc...

Problem solved after the faulty o2 was replaced.

It was done thru my mechanic, they purchased it and fitted it and cost me $180 all up which was including labour. My chk engine light was coming on intermittently and they had to run it through their consult machine to determine what was faulty etc...

Problem solved after the faulty o2 was replaced.

and it was definitely the EL Falcon and you have a 1998 R34?

Sorry for all the questions dude - going to buy one now.

• 4 months later...

The new O2 Sensor has made no difference to performance or the fuel efficiency of the car. Can't say if it was a waste of money, but it certainly didn't achieve what I expected.