SAU Community

Toyota Corolla Ae82 - 4age 20 Valve Conversion

FOR SALE

Toyota Corolla AE82

Engine: 96' 1.6L 4AGE 20V Silver Top (import) serviced every 5000kms

Transmission: 5 spd Manual

Condition: Absolutely Immaculate

Odometer: Approx 120,000kms (motor has only done 80,000kms)

Rego: 12 months

Reason for sale: Has been given a company car

Comments: I'm helping sell my friends Toyota Corolla that has been built to perfection! He is selling it due to getting a company car recently. This pocket rocket is a perfect car for any provisional plater due to being naturally aspirated, excellent on fuel and a complete sleeper… of coarse until that car besides you hears you rev all the way to 8000rpm, your tyres scream when you hit 2nd and leave him seeing nothing but your brake lights :) All the hard work has been done guys! No need for spending $$$ its all been done. Yet has so much more potential for BIG power!

Engine Specs

The 4AGE silver top is a quad-throttle fed, naturally aspirated monster. In its restrictive factory state, this beast unleashes 161hp (120kw) which is approx 30hp more than Nissan’s SR20DE (100kw) and Toyota’s 1ZZ-FE (93kw) that is in there new corolla. With some fine tuning and less restrictive intake/exhaust, this motor has proven to push close to 195hp (145kw) which is more than the current model Sportivo and Celica!

Engine Performance Mods

- 96' 4AGE 20 Valve Silver Top (import)

- Exedy ceramic sports clutch

- K&N panel filter

- 2 ¼” Extractors

- Custom 2” mandrel bent exhaust

- Hiflow 3 way CAT

- 4” Cannon

Wheels & Suspension

- Genuine Toyota TWINCAM alloys

- Lowered performance springs

- KYB sports shocks

- Bendix Sport Pads

Entertainment

- Clarion CD Player

- Pioneer 6” 4-way Speakers

- Sony XPlode 12” Sub in genuine box

- 4 Channel Amp

Interior Enhancements

- Genuine Toyota SX Cluster with 8000RPM Tacho

- Genuine TRD Race Wheel

- L.E.D Volt Meter

- Black tint (15%)

Exterior Enhancements

- Custom Red in 2 Pack

- Genuine TRD Badges

On Road Performance

This car is an absolute pocket rocket! In 1st and 2nd gear (105km/h) it keeps up with my R33 GTSt which has 165rw/kw! On the M4 we both down shifted at 80km/h and we were almost neck and neck till 130km/h... I have witnessed this car annihilate Type-R Integra’s, Corolla Sportivo’s, CRX’s and much more… 145kw + 960kg Car = One quick machine!

post-23753-1159276169.jpgpost-23753-1159276106.jpgpost-23753-1159276091.jpgpost-23753-1159276123.jpgpost-23753-1159276156.jpg

First to see will buy! Truly one of a kind!

Price: $6999 neg

No time wasters! No Joy Riders!

Regards,

Sarkis

Edited by QRI05E

Use your imagination guys! this car has so much more potential to look and perform better then it already does! I have seen the stunned faces of owners of cars worth 30 and 40Gz being eaten by this machine on the road!

And yet you could make it into this....

post-23753-1159344652.jpg

post-23753-1159344633.jpg

Or this :laugh:

post-23753-1159344665.jpg

Regards,

Sarkis

Edited by QRI05E

Its a realistic estimate... that engine does put out 120kw from factory with its restrictive settup... ask any tuner or performance mechanic and they will tell you the potential of this engine... from first hand experiance this thing eats Type-R integra's and Corolla Sprotivos which all have 140kw... it revs to 8000rpm... and the VVT kicks in at 5000rpm... you gotta see it to appreciate its performance..

Even ask NICKS33, he owned one...

Cheers

Edited by QRI05E

yes it did move for a small thing and the quad throttle bodiesa and vvt give it an awesum sound (type r integras is a bit unrealistic) my mate had a type r and i coundnt beat it...wasnt far off him but it was clearly faster......but yeah bang for buk for a p plater there isnt much quicker!

Honestly Nick i have been in this thing when we nailed a stock 2001 Type R off the lighs on Elizabeth Dr in Cecil hills... 1st was pretty close... pulled 1/2 car infront of him in 2nd and backed off half way through 3rd... we were already bout 3/4 car infront...

My mate doesn't even bother running SSS Pulsar's... lol

You gotta drive it to believe it...

Cheers

Edited by QRI05E

Hey guys! my mate will consider a trade + slight cash adjustment.. he is after a "micky mouse" stock as a rock R32 GTST in manual, 200SX S14 or possibly a 180SX with SR20DET... Ask your friends... and PM me or call george with any offers...

Cheers

I wasn’t going to say anything but I keep seeing it bumped up, and I keep seeing your constant lies.

1.) The car does not weigh 800kg. it weighs 960kg DRY.

2.) It is not restrictive from factory.. much like the highly tuned Honda engines in the type r or s2000, it is hard to make much more power than stock with these engines by bolting on exhaust etc. Definitely not another 25kw which you claim/guess by adding:

- K&N panel filter

- 2 ¼” Extractors

- Custom 2” mandrel bent exhaust

- Hiflow 3 way CAT

- 4” Cannon

3.) Those wheels are not GENUINE SX wheels. They are genuine TWIN CAM wheels. There was no SX model in that shape. There was a CS which that car is, and the Twin cam which had the 88kw motor.

I’ll give you the fact that it looks to be a nice example.

It has been re-sprayed obviously and the paint is nice.

The conversion is neat and looks to be done well.

I hope the gearbox was also in the conversion.

AND, the price is very appropriate and would easily sell for $6K.

But Please, do not go around claiming 145kw and it beats this and that.

You make no mention of any sort of aftermarket management which is where ANY power would come from.

All it has is breathing mods which will give it more sound a little more power.

You’d be lucky to have 130kw at the engine.

That’s 196hp or 200PS.

No chance that engine with those mods has that power.

The car will no doubt sell, and if it isn’t already on toymods.org… you should head over there.

You maybe right in a few points there GTST, but i have spoken to a few tuners and am going by what they say. All those kw figures dont really mean anything, there all estimates and will vary from one car to the next... its like saying all R33 gtst's will push 150rw/kw stock which is not true (they will vary)... thats why i wrote up how i have witnessed this car perform... I can truly say it is a quick machine and very impressive... Its unfair for you to point the dirty end of the stick at me and state my words are "constant lies" especially if a few minor details maybe misunderstood by myself, they can be rectified by a simple PM with the right facts... I would appreciate that in the future..

I appreciate your honesty and info, but all up this is an amazing car and is in absolute "micky mouse" condition... First to see/drive will buy 100%

However...

I have seen the dyno sheet of a Toyota Sprinter with the EXACT same settup as this corolla and it produced 102rw/kw and ran a 14.2 on slicks at WSID

This conversion was done professionally... and utilized the original ECU, Loom, CV shafts, Gearbox, altenator, starter, radiator.. etc

The price is negotiable guys! so feel free to make an offer... As it is, its excellent value for a first car or run around!

Regards,

Sarkis

Edited by QRI05E

my mate had same model corolla with a 20V absolutly hammered but i dunno where u get it beat a Type R man this thing couldnt beat a TX3 Turbo which i know cause i drove the TX3 and i got chomped by Type R minimal mods on TX3 aswell so i dunno man.

dyno sheet would be good to see and what brakes you running?

and also a AE86 with same setup would run better time then the FWD corolla as weight shift on RWD cars = grip on take off is better then FWD.

and man all that BHP and KW i sengine man not wheels like we have a 92 Ti Pulsar SR20DE thats 100kw still get beatin buy a 75kw swift GTi.

but love the quad throttle body.

yea unfortunatly there is no dyno sheet, might be able to convince him to get a dyno run hehe... would be a good idea... comparing to my car, i can approximate 100fw/kw... ill keep you guys posted if he gets a dyno run...

Im pretty sure he has slightly larger front disc's at the front and the stock drums on the back with bendix sports pads and rear shoes... it pulls up quite well acctually...

Cheers