SAU Community

Small Car Sunday And Collingrove Hillclimb

WWWDOT

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

installing.

I thought i would be able to go into the road registered category, but because the vehicle is 4wd they have put me in the main category.

I am looking at getting it chipped or boost controller and fuel line cutoff but then have to have a CAMS log book completed.

so i wont be coming close to the other guys, but its all fun

There's minimum weight, certification, and age requirements for the extinguisher.

I can't remember the exact details but my mate just got his from KMart. We pulled every single one out of it's box to see which was the furthest from expiry.

As for mounting it just has to be hard mounted to something solid, some people use wear the seat rail anchor to the floor on their passenger seat, etc.

There's minimum weight, certification, and age requirements for the extinguisher.

I can't remember the exact details but my mate just got his from KMart. We pulled every single one out of it's box to see which was the furthest from expiry.

As for mounting it just has to be hard mounted to something solid, some people use wear the seat rail anchor to the floor on their passenger seat, etc.

cheers Ash. i cant find much info on this topic, searched the cams website and that didnt give me any info on fire extinguiser specs. the powder extinguisher we have has expired and we have 2 others that have been discontinued, so yeah next time im in k-mart ill have a look. what does your mate compete in to require an extinguisher?

Yeah the CAMS site isn't the best, it was for a super sprint at Sandown, so at CAMS 2S level.

Have a search around the Vic area and the checklists for track days, it'll be in with 2ndary bonnet restraints, blue triangles, etc, etc.

yer 900gram ones for about $30 are all u need and they need to be readily acessible so either under seat or somewhere else securely. and check the dates, as most of the in stores have allready expired.

Im Entered into the Hillclimb state championships, so come and say hello.

Still have to get my car log booked by cams next week though.

applied for my 2S license as well.

I was able to get into sports cars closed, instead of the PRC RAlly Cars class, so might have a bit more of a chance.

Hope to see you there.

• 3 weeks later...