SAU Community

Gtr Exhast Glowing

GTR.2NV

using 2650's you dont need a bridged manifold, thats a bad idea for this thread.

no-one else needs them, so he doesnt either.

You really do come out with some stupid comments sometimes :(

No, not really. Same could be said for some of your stuff which at times seems misguided. But lets not get picky eh?

It stands to reason that if not one person i know and many other users on this forum (so we arent talking about 5 cars here) dont have any issues what so ever...

And only you do/did/have/whatever a problem, and the manifold is but a band aid.

Be that tuning or other parts on the car that are causing your problem.

I dont believe in band aid fixes. I believe in fixing the problem at its cause.

No, not really. Same could be said for some of your stuff which at times seems misguided. But lets not get picky eh?

It stands to reason that if not one person i know and many other users on this forum (so we arent talking about 5 cars here) dont have any issues what so ever...

And only you do/did/have/whatever a problem, and the manifold is but a band aid.

Be that tuning or other parts on the car that are causing your problem.

I dont believe in band aid fixes. I believe in fixing the problem at its cause.

It's not being picky, but just a response to a broard and sweeping statement from you that is not based on personal experience.

I'm speaking from personal experience with big low mount terbs - in particular the GT-RS units. MarkR34 fitted such a manifold to his R34 with GT-RS terbs fitted and the problem was almost eliminated. I did the same and achieved the same results.

Turbo shuffling isn't really a huge problem and does no real harm, it's just an annoying side affect of twin low mount terbs with large compressor wheels. The real "cure" (if you want to call it that) is to fit small compressor wheel units (or a single). Indeed I believe you are fitting GT-SS units?

I have 2 x 2860 or 2560 or whatever Garretts...(new name Vs old name), Power FC, cam gears (no cams), apexi intakes blah blah blah on an original build, standard slugs and rods. I get a very minor amount of surge but nothing like GTR.2NV is experiencing. I would be getting a power fc anyway, just to get the most out of the combo.

It's not being picky, but just a response to a broard and sweeping statement from you that is not based on personal experience.

I'm speaking from personal experience with big low mount terbs - in particular the GT-RS units. MarkR34 fitted such a manifold to his R34 with GT-RS terbs fitted and the problem was almost eliminated. I did the same and achieved the same results.

Turbo shuffling isn't really a huge problem and does no real harm, it's just an annoying side affect of twin low mount terbs with large compressor wheels. The real "cure" (if you want to call it that) is to fit small compressor wheel units (or a single). Indeed I believe you are fitting GT-SS units?

You mention the GT-RS, thats not what we are talking about, so you and markR34 are irrelevant to this thread in that he isnt using the big GT-RS's now is he?

If you re-read my statement which was quite particular and hardly broad at all considering i named the turbos, and the turbos are named in the first post, which arent large comp wheeled.