SAU Community

Varm Engine Runs Bad

Krille

Ive got a R34GTT engine in my R32GTS-T, just got it started, problem tho, when car is cold it runs fine, no problem at all, except that the temp gauge doesnt work, thinking it could be that the engines sensor using other data then the standard one. Now when the car gets warm, it idles perfect, but when you floor the pedal, and as soon as the car comes into boost it starts to run bad, like on 4 or 5 cylinders, same happens if i pull out the temp sensor for the Ecu, just get higher idleing then. ive checked the spark plugs they seems fine, anyone got a tip on this?

well firstly on the temp gauge thing..

there's 2 temp sensors.. one for the ECU and one for the gauge

if you follow the upper radiator hose into the engine just in front of the intake manifold you will see 2 plugs. are they both plugged in?

now as for the "running bad" that you describe.. i can suggest to check the following common things that cause missing like that

- coils (may have a faulty one or may have a crack on one of them)

- air flow meter (may have a worn contact in it or it might not be plugged in properly!)

best of luck

Warren

yeah they are both plugged in, i tried to earth the one for the temp gauge and it went to the top, if i check the plug for the gauge it has a small +voltage when not connected but when i connect it to the sensor i get nothing when i check with volt meter.

i checked the coilpacks, they look as good as new, anyway to test em?

gonna check wiring on the the Afm, i checked the soldering for the connector but it seemed fine

for the connector, you have to check inside the AFM

you can open it up and ckeck the joints that exit the AFM. there are 4 solder joints that are known to fail over time

also, the coil packs can sometimes look ok but have a fine hairline crack. try covering them with silicone or epoxy before putting them back in

cheers,

Warren