SAU Community

Stereo Installation in an R34

FULOCK

hi all,

over the next few days im gona be installing my DVD/TV player, sub, amp and rear speakers

im sweet with all the electronics part of it, iv just never pulled apart the console on an R34

just hoping to get some tips/tricks of the trade on the R34 on pulling apart the center console, where to run the cables to the back, etc.

i was suprised that i dont have rear speakers and it doesnt look like theres any speaker cables running back there... is this normal from factory for a GT-T Sedan??

any help will be very appreciated :D

cheers!!

they all have rear speakers. the cables will be tucked away inthe back area.

as for removal of the original, pop the AC vents out - 2 screws, pull ashtray out - 1 screw, pop out panel - 2screws, remove radio.

you will also need an antenna adapter ($15) and harness adapter.($15) to make things work.

if you need these bits fire me a PM ( I sell them.)

• Like 1

hi all,

over the next few days im gona be installing my DVD/TV player, sub, amp and rear speakers

im sweet with all the electronics part of it, iv just never pulled apart the console on an R34

just hoping to get some tips/tricks of the trade on the R34 on pulling apart the center console, where to run the cables to the back, etc.

i was suprised that i dont have rear speakers and it doesnt look like theres any speaker cables running back there... is this normal from factory for a GT-T Sedan??

any help will be very appreciated :D

cheers!!

Do u have speaker holes on ur parcel shelf??

tanks for that chris rogers,

n15m0 - yes i do have speaker holes in the parcel shelf, and there are the mesh speaker covers too - but no speakers.....???

i'll have a good look for the wiring too, for the rear speakers - im gona try to attempt it all tomorrow...

Also, whats the best way to to run the power for the amp and the remote cable to the boot...??

cheers

My tip is after you pull out the cage holding th stereo be very very careful what you are doing with the back of while all the cables are connected. Heaps of people have scratched the crap out of the plastic surrounds on both sides of the stereo area.

in a sedan- through the passenger foot well.

(jon you can explain it to him.)

Ummm you'd probably do a better job explaining..my amp and power cables only ran as far as under the drivers seat not to the boot. I ran my sub speaker cables from under the drivers seat to the boot. Remove the rear seats, run the cables under the rear passenger seats and thru the middle arm rest hole..

And yeah as Abo Bob mentioned...be careful when removing the facia for the head unit install...mine copped a deep scratch as well :laugh::angry:

ok, cheers for eveything so far......

back seat it out, center console is out....

what was it you said about taking the AC vents out?? are there screws behind there??

and how do you take out the vents... is there a special trick??? im scared if i break em.......

Can you post a pic up of your dvd sreen when your done please,

Thinking of putting a screen in but it looks like when it flips up it will hit the vents etc. because the headunit area sits a fair bit in.

Cheers

Josh

Can you post a pic up of your dvd sreen when your done please,

Thinking of putting a screen in but it looks like when it flips up it will hit the vents etc. because the headunit area sits a fair bit in.

Cheers

Josh

it will if you put it on top. put it on the bottom and it JUST clears. need a pocket to fill the void.

^^^ Thanks for that,

Then your top pocket will be pretty useless then won't it!

I'm guessing that's why everyone is going with the double din setup.

Are they easy to watch crap on?

Cheers

Josh

ok,

I hadn't had a chance to instal my system yet...

i started playing this morning, plugged the harness i got from chris (thankyou chris!! :O )

and now i have no power at all, no constant, acc voltage at all, dead to the world!!!

i checked this with my multimeter.....

checked the fuse - its fine!

all i did was take out the standard deck about a week ago - now when i plug the standard one back in, it doesnt work either....???

any ideas?? :laugh:

I got my head deck put in the top DIN spot. it does block the vents a bit, but i can adjust the angle of the screen so that it does not go back far enough to hit the temp dial. Here are a few pics of mine.

headdeck1.jpg

headdeck2.jpg

headdeck3.jpg

enjoy :)

Edited by Vermin

ok, found the problem.... long story short, dodgy multimeter!!! lol (thats why you dont buy cheap ones... lol)

and yes i did throw it against a wall!!! lol

next question, is there a factroy hole in the firewall somewhere where i run the power cable for the amp?

and the parcel shelf - how do you take it out? I have these wierd metal brackets right across the speaker holes and they gota go if im gona put speakers in there.

I found the rear speaker cables, they were hidden near the speaker holes and sticky taped ;)

Im planning on finishing this today so i'll post up some pics once its done!