SAU Community

Stereo Installation in an R34

FULOCK

ok, found the problem.... long story short, dodgy multimeter!!! lol (thats why you dont buy cheap ones... lol)

and yes i did throw it against a wall!!! lol

next question, is there a factroy hole in the firewall somewhere where i run the power cable for the amp?

and the parcel shelf - how do you take it out? I have these wierd metal brackets right across the speaker holes and they gota go if im gona put speakers in there.

I found the rear speaker cables, they were hidden near the speaker holes and sticky taped ;)

Im planning on finishing this today so i'll post up some pics once its done!

I found out the hard way, you need to remove the rear side pillar cover as pictured. I didn't at first and broke the seat belt bracket. Its a hard pull but it should come out.

post-6973-1160784534.jpg

post-6973-1160785174.jpg

I foud the hole I found the hole!!!! haha!!

FIIINNAAAALLLLYYYYY its done!!!!! :glare::) and i didnt break anything!! bonus!!! :O

Thankyou for all your help guys!!!!

heres a few pics i quickly took with my phone, i'll try take some pics tomorrow morning with my camera in daylight....

I took one of the pics with the face opened when you change cd's, it just clears the gear lever when in 1st, 3rd and 5th which im rapt about!!! i thought it was going to knock the gear lever!!!

post-30514-1160903971.jpgpost-30514-1160904084.jpgpost-30514-1160904119.jpgpost-30514-1160904167.jpgpost-30514-1160904199.jpg

good one...very nice...is tht the new JVC double din unit?

cheers!

yup!! dun know how new it is, but yeah I prefered the double din over the single slide out ones.

thought i'd pop up a few pics of my new baby too!! :O only had her for about 3-4 weeks or so... fair upgrade from a 31

One question..... it picks up radio stations really bad!!! any reason that anyone can think of??

cheers!

yup!! dun know how new it is, but yeah I prefered the double din over the single slide out ones.

thought i'd pop up a few pics of my new baby too!! :) only had her for about 3-4 weeks or so... fair upgrade from a 31

One question..... it picks up radio stations really bad!!! any reason that anyone can think of??

waht radio?

• 1 year later...

know its a bit late but i just put a new stereo in to fix the shitty radio reception. The reason is in japan they have 2 antenna's 2 different signals or something that's why the stock units have that fm diversity on it and a 2 pronged antenna plug, when i pulled mine apart the moron that installed the signal booster hooked it up to the wrong antenna. only 1 antenna will work u just have to test them. Works perfectlly now.