SAU Community

Coolers

Hmmm I seriously dont know what to do :wave:

Get a cheap kit from Just Jap/CRD/GkTek. Heaps of people (including myself) have them and they rock.

An intercooler has no moving parts...there isn't much that could go wrong.

Some fit better than others but remeber that you have 3 or 4 pipes with silicon joiners which have a lot of flex and can me moved around to get the best fit.

If possible have a crack at doing the install yourself...just make sure you have a weekend free to do it.

Until the days that you strat running 300+RWKW with 20Psi Boost there is no need to think about the shit hot coolers such as ARC.

Good Luck

Yeah alot of people told me that but I have no idea :D

There is a guy here on SAU that does installs for $150.00 i think. Cant remember his name though....Does anyone else know who this guy is? Apprantly he's does a tip top job.

I used a 230 x 550 x 75 cooler on my car, no cutting of any metal, was able to run a 180 degree pipe back to the stock location and cost $450 all up including fitting. It only manages to get 1/8th of it warm under punishment.

These are good also:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-Universal-TURBO...1QQcmdZViewItem

Start with the first question:

What are you going to do with the car, what is the ideal you want to arrive at?

If you want the standard turbo or something up to 220-230rwkw for street strip then a good sidemount is very hard to beat for real performance. Trust and ARC provide sidemount core upgrades. If the standard turbo is used the R34 GTT intercooler is just fine.

IF you want to seriously circuit race the car with a factory turbo (probably a contridiction in terms given the ceramic wheels can let go under sustained loads) then a suitable aftermarket sidemount or something in a very very small front mount would do.

A good tube and fin core size of 440x300x55 is enough for around the 230rwkw mark worth of airflow at peak efficiency, a smaller core however would be better for an engine that peaks at 230rwkw.

PM me if you want more info.

Im going to do afew modifycations to it but its going to take me time dont wana rush hard into it... Im hoping to achieve atleast 300rwkw which for me to get that Im going to have to do my internals and upgrade my turbo probably to a HKS GT3240 or maybe a HKS T04Z but yeah will see what happens I just wana get the basic stuff atm like Full exhaust system, intercooler, air pod, turbo timer, boost controller, Apexi Power FC, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump and other things before I go bigger :(

thanks for the input peoples. much help!

just one more question. if i do get a new pipe n cover where the BOV is sposed to be, n get the flutter, will it have serious implications on the turbo (running the stock one)? how serious?

R34-GTT, i suggest you start doing a LOT more research.

The turbo turbos you listed are not really in the 300rwkw range, more up into the 350-450rwkw marker depending on specs.

And all that is a 20k adventure, hope you have a lot of money

GTR coolers are mass produced and have pretty poor flow capabilitys, the fins are very close together. also the $600 for a gtr cooler and then bout $400-$500 to get piping made up is goin to be better than say $350 kit from CRD in sponsors section. For most people unless your chasing like 1000hp or something stupid the cheap kits are fine, also the cheap kits have been tested compared to expensive ones and there is like 2% difference. For me $350 compared to over $1000 to not cut the front bar and have like maybe 2% flow difference just isnt worth it and most people will agree with that.

GTR coolers can easy be had for $350 or less + piping and fitment but still worth it. and i dont know were you got your info that they dont flow. mine came off a GTR with 350Kw and there is heaps of people on this site that will back them up with 300rwkw. as for flow they are going to flow heaps better than the cheap chianese ones. like the pros say its all about turbulents that are created in in the end tanks that promote flow.

well i have learnt this, do things properly the first time then you wont have to do it again later and waste money.

why fit cheap crappy stuff to your car if you dont want to fit/up grade it later? do you realy think nissan was like lets just fit these cheap coolers that we got from china to our pride of our fleat. they spend millions in R and D on every part on there cars.