SAU Community

I Have To Share This With You Guys

allblitz

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

werd bro. i got a curry gf and i get hell just coz she aint lankan......jeez this link is scarily familiar

Do you get the talk of "when you are ready to settle down, come talk to us" ????

When my dad said that i had this expression -> :D

Then when he said "I think you should marry a doctor" - again -> :D

Im just waiting for the day I come home from work and some woman I have never ever seen before comes running down the driveway yelling out "hubby!!! yooohooo!! Hubby!! Im ur new wifie!!!" - Im getting the f**k outta there right then and there :P

(incase you all didnt know, this whole thing about arranged marriage drives me up the wall :D)

my mate going throught he arranged marriage drama right now... sux2bhim

I cant believe people still do that crap, your mates fault for agreeing to that rubbish, tell him he's old enough to speak up. Most of these cases end up in divorce after a child is born, stuffs everyone up.

Sif get an arranged marriage in this day and age.

although it seems to work for some people... but then I know guys who are absolute manwhores all their lives, or manic druggo's, who agree to the whole arranged marriage thing, and I sorta feel sorry for the girls who don't know anything about em cept all the crap their parents have talked up of em. And vice versa, I know women who are looser than a school corridor who get hitched to guys and do the whole innocent girl act to have a good life.

I cant believe people still do that crap, your mates fault for agreeing to that rubbish, tell him he's old enough to speak up. Most of these cases end up in divorce after a child is born, stuffs everyone up.
dont think he 'agreed' to this... more like 'do it or we'll disown you'

i told him dont do it, marry someone who you want to be around, not someone your parents want you to be around...

Edited by ctjet

werd bro. i got a curry gf and i get hell just coz she aint lankan......

Forgive my ignorance but....

Sri Lankan is not curry?

Coming from the Mornington Peninsula (not the most multicultural place on earth) i would consider anyone originating from india, sri lanka pakistan etc etc a "curry" if i was inclined to use that term. (which i never have before this post)

Rhett

dont think he 'agreed' to this... more like 'do it or we'll disown you'

i told him dont do it, marry someone who you want to be around, not someone your parents want you to be around...

Disowned crap is all lies...

They all say that, after a couple of years or so they get over it and its all back to normal.

They all say that, after a couple of years or so they get over it and its all back to normal.

Quite true - parents will never disown their children - unless either the parents or the child are absolute nutjobs

yeah but like most young sub-continetals, he's a real mama's boy... i think the though of disownment scares the shit out of him. I told him what you just said but i dont think he believes me.

its sad cause i love the guy and he deserves better than that

yeah but like most young sub-continetals, he's a real mama's boy... i think the though of disownment scares the shit out of him. I told him what you just said but i dont think he believes me.

its sad cause i love the guy and he deserves better than that

Tell him to start acting insane, spend a couple of nights at the nut house, should get the message across to the parents :ermm:

Tell him to start acting insane, spend a couple of nights at the nut house, should get the message across to the parents :D

:ermm: what message is that gonna send?

i dont think they'llmake him do it... his dad doest really care, its his mum thats pushing it

if we knock her off he should be sweet :sorcerer:

its his mum thats pushing it
Forgive my ignorance but....

Sri Lankan is not curry?

Coming from the Mornington Peninsula (not the most multicultural place on earth) i would consider anyone originating from india, sri lanka pakistan etc etc a "curry" if i was inclined to use that term. (which i never have before this post)

Rhett

Witihin the curry community, esp the older generation, they make quite clear distinctions based on which part of the subcontinent you're from. So like for a lankan guy to go out with and indian girl is frowned upon by some parents. Which is totally narrow minded and bollocks... sometimes you think they don't realise that to the rest of the world they all look the same.

Arranged marriages...good son of rajab! He needs to reverse that emotional black mail thats probably goin on from his mom. Put it back onto her, id say do anything to buy some time and then work on breaking that line of thought. Although its gona mean help from other family members, cause with most of these cases its all about ..' what will the other people say when they find out u've married someone outside our religion?'

Witihin the curry community, esp the older generation, they make quite clear distinctions based on which part of the subcontinent you're from. So like for a lankan guy to go out with and indian girl is frowned upon by some parents. Which is totally narrow minded and bollocks... sometimes you think they don't realise that to the rest of the world they all look the same.

yeah i guess its sort of the same down here on the Peninsula.

I mean once i went out with a chick from Frankston, and my parents really frowned about that....

I guess we both looked the same to the outside world. Except i wasnt missing any teeth. :ermm:

Wierd... my parents seemed to like my white ex gf's more than my curry ex gf's.

Funnily enough my parents have this notion that its OK to be racist as long as the person they're being racist about is of the same skin colour as them. So they aren't racist against white folk or chinese etc, but they'll hang so much shit on indians, malaysians, fijians etc.

:laugh: