SAU Community

Is This Guy Serious?

I rang this dude up bout the 32 4 sale he seriously reckons he can sell it 4 17,800.things that he is lying about it doesnt have a aftermarket ecu,he reckons he put in genuine nissan pistons etc etc but doesnt have the reciept for it wouldnt it be cheaper to get forged piston rather than the nissan,the pipeing isnt stainless steel its just steel coated in paint no aftermarket fuel pump what else is he bullshiting about, tell me is this car really worth that amount this is the link

if link doesnt work just go to carsales n type in 2348 in the post code and you'll see the blue 32 going for 17,800

if its not worth it, then move on.

it may not be worth that much to you, but it might be to someone else

yeah if some poor bastard pays that much thinking it has the mod that he claims he'll feel f**ked over besides thommo the questoin is who thinks its really worth that much

Seriously, who gives a shit?

If you dont like it, or think its overpriced, dont buy it and dont post on here bitching about it!

Chances are the owner has been told a bunch of garbage about what mods the car apparently has when he imported it, and thus hes listing all the same apparent mods now that hes selling it.

ie. I wasnt aware that HKS made alternators >_<

It's his car, he can ask what he wants for it.

If someone wants it badly enough, they'll pay the asking price.

You can pick up a Type M for under $10,000 ...but when you add the cost of the kit parts, suspension bits, mags, stereo, re-spray and all the other things that have been done (or said to have been done) to the vehicle, it's not a totally outrageous asking price, however, the opening line of:

This is a great price for a head turner that needs no work!!!
is a bit of a stretch.... it obviously needs some work.

It mentions that there's damage to the paintwork, the wing has been removed which means the bootlid has holes in it (unless it was stuck on with velcro) and would need repairing or replacing and a respray, so those sorts of things need to be taken into account, and can be used as bargaining chips to try and get the price down a bit.

As everyone else has said, if you don't want it, keep looking.

If you want it, let the buyer know what you're willing to pay, (reminding them that X,Y & Z needs to be done to the vehicle before you'd be happy to pay X amount) and you can be first in line if/when the price drops low enough.

the opening line of: "needs no work" is a bit of a stretch.... it obviously needs some work.

If he's marketing the car towards people who want a vehicle that has scratches and holes in it, then the car's perfect and needs no work.

Obviously this guys has spent a bit on this car such as the paint work, and gtr parts.

The paint job dosent seem to looks like one of those dodgy jobs.

i think he might be exaggerating on the work that has being done , i donno maybe grab more interests on the car but he shouldnt add parts he doosent have on carsales stating he has it if you done the work show the receipts .

Edited by MFC05

I think the car is worth that much money.

Custom paint

body kit

plenty of good mods

rebuilt engine

etc etc...

People expect too much these days.

Fair enough you can get type m r32s for $10k, but it would be a piece of shit.

Even a $12k one will need some work

how do u kknow its got a rebuilt engine, no receipts to prove it plus just pistons isnt what id class as a rebuild...

if hes bullshitted that much already as u have said, and has listed parts that he doesnt have, that would be enough to turn me away for good

ben...

if u look hard enough u can find a rough GTR for that price.....

or a R33 GTS25t with same mods. Overpriced imo......

17800 for a local GTR hahah yeh and then add a another couple of grand fixing it up problems should of bought the clean one that has being maintained for 20.

I surly wouldnt touch it till i do some intensive inspection on the car.

I have personally seen people purchasing cheap R32 Gtr overseas and locally and bascially theres problems after problems a few of them engine needed to be rebuild, dont get me wrong i love gtrs they are very well build but if the pervious owners didnt treat and maintain them probabaly then theres gonna be big problems.

I seen really cheap ones that go for sale in Japan, they seem like have just being molested its shocking some of the conditions they are in, but without saying im seen very clean nice looking ones that looks like it just came out of the factory and are always more expensive.