SAU Community

Some Info Needed On Exhuast System

SKYS2

hey guys . i recently bought a muffler for my car , japanese brand KIC or some shit. have a look i posted a pic.

kicmuf.jpg

also im going to purchase this dump and front pipe

r3233sssplit1.jpg

i want to know , what else do i have to buy ,? or could i get away with just adding those 2 , and still getting good deep sound and gains ?

some one help , im still getting a good understand with what im buying and how its working.

in my understanding it goes :

dump , then front pipe , running to the resinator , then to the catalic converter , then to the muffler?

im trying to keep costs low , so far the cannon cost me $300 , and pipes about $400 .

so when i get it installed what other things should i purchase ?new hi flow cat? and an new resinator?... and then piping? to connect it all ,

Edited by SKYS2

dump , then front pipe , running to the resinator , then to the catalic converter , then to the muffler?

It's dump , then front pipe then to the catalic converter, running to the resinator ,then to the muffler.

A resonator is optional, you would be much better off running a 3" pipe from the cat back to the muffler and replacing the cat with a high flow 3" jobby, the dump pipe you have chosen there is good but have you searched for one here? Batml? has a good priced one and has the big cats as well.

yeah iv looked at his prices . he has his dump+front in mild steel , i got stainless for the same price , hes offering $440 stainless excluding postage. im getting mine for $400 post included and its stainless.

so if i buy a new hi flow catalic converter , then all i need to do is get stainless 3 inch piping with will connect to the muffler and to the cat - but i need it welded to the muffler , so where is my best bet to get that for a decent price? how much you recon i need to spend to get the car and piping to muffler??? cheers

but does that include the piping to the muffler or the 2 items? im going to ring up the exhuast place i go to tomorrow and get some quotes. but the main things i need to supply would be the dump n front pipes i want and the muffler , pipings , piping i guess , i just need them to supply the cat and resinator and the pipes

No I allready had a 3" system in place, that was just the bits plus fitting including bigger flanges for the cat. Its hard to say how much the piping will cost as it has to be bent to fit in, so there is the labour costing to add in.

cant i just get my dump and front pipe installed - new cat and the muffler welded to the stock piping if it were to expensive as an alternative?isnt stock piping 3 inch? , but yeah if it aint to dear i want to get new stainless piping from the car back , and mandrel bent would be better too right?

Mandrel bent is better, less work to make up and probably flows better, Im not sure on piping size for stock but I would imagine the muffler to be the big point of resistance to flow, so if you do it that way i'm sure it would be OK esp if the rest of your setup is stock ie boost.