SAU Community

Track Day Today At Mallala

Blue32

Removed the radiator and sorted out my cooling issue on the weekend! It was a partly blocked radiator - containing calcium flakes which kinda look like rust flakes. Reverse flushed the radiator and in the end after I machined up an adapter to put the garden hose and the air compressor on the bottom hose, extracted some 2 or 3 table spoons of calcium build up. On initial removal, ran the garden hose through the radiator and the flow was pretty slow compared to after the flush out. Also completely flushed the engine using my hose and compressed air tool and found more within the engine. Also the thermostat in the car was a 65 degree one instead of the 76.5 factory nissan one. So now the car has a flushed system, with some tectalloy flush solution and water (until the weekend when I will reverse flush it again), a new genuine nissan thermostat and a new trust 1.3 bar radiator cap! Temps on the street today with a 28 degree ambient temp was 80-81 with the aircon on!!!!!!! Previously last week under same ambient conditions I was seeing 95-97 degrees.......... Calcium flakes due to previous owner mixing coolants - a lesson to be learnt for everyone on this one!