SAU Community

1994 Nissan Skyline Hcr33-gts T Purchase Advice

hi, this is my first Post.. I was recommended to this forum By a friend on Overclockers.com.au.

Basically IM Looking at Buying a skyline, a woman I know is leaving the country and selling her skyline..

its a

1994 NISSAN SKYLINE HCR33-GTS T

perfect condition. regular servicing. all stock.

heres some specs:

Make NISSAN

Model SKYLINE

Series HCR33-GTS T

Year 1994

Colour Maroon

Body type Coupe

Fuel type Petrol

Transmission 5spd Manual

Cylinders 6cyl

kms 181,000

Miles 112,468

Price $12,500 AUD

Expiry Month 2

Expiry Year 2007

Road Worthy Certificate Yes

"GTS-T 2.5 litre Turbo Female driver for the past 4 years. Features: turbo timer, MP3/CD player with six speakers, air-cond, tinted windows, power steering, power windows, blow off valve, immobiliser and alarm. It has recently been serviced and polished. Rego until Feb 2007. "

I was wondering what I should offer her??

Attached are the pics.

I Just need some advice really..

The colour is Maroon, paint is perfect, No rust, not thrashed at all, the woman owner drives like an Old lady.

it would be a step Up from the Paseo Im driving.. the only worrying thing is its done 181000 k's. However its been regularly serviced, has Logbooks and sevice history.

any advice or criticism would be greatly appreciated.. I dont want to rush In, but she wants it sold as she is leaving the country In january.. so I dont have a lot of time to make a decision and organise finance if I decide to get it..

thanks in advance.. - Volt.

post-32195-1160556989.jpg

post-32195-1160557007.jpg

post-32195-1160557022.jpg

post-32195-1160557036.jpg

Hey dude.

Welcome to the skyline scene.

Looks like its kept in great condition.

Bonus part is you got logbooks right up to 180,00kms. Have a read thru that and see if theres anything strange in there. ie. if some parts have been replaced which shouldnt have etc etc..

Now for the price, i feel that 11k is reasonable. It is a 94 model now, with high kms.

But being high kms wont mean theres something wrong.

Have a look at this thread and as it will help you a lot.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=35129

Gdluck

Hey dude.

Welcome to the skyline scene.

Looks like its kept in great condition.

Bonus part is you got logbooks right up to 180,00kms. Have a read thru that and see if theres anything strange in there. ie. if some parts have been replaced which shouldnt have etc etc..

Now for the price, i feel that 11k is reasonable. It is a 94 model now, with high kms.

But being high kms wont mean theres something wrong.

Have a look at this thread and as it will help you a lot.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=35129

Gdluck

hi, thanks for the reply.. well yeah, its in really good nic, Ill read that thread and have a Look.. thanks for the advice. I really dont know Much about skylines ecept that I want one..

the Guys on OCAU generall think its not worth the money,, But I thought the price was reasonable.

Well the first question is, what is your budget.

Then on top of that do you have another 1-2k. You might need it for insurance, new tyres etc etc..

So always be prepared to save a little extra.

Yeah, If I can get it for 11k, Ill have a few grand for rego, insurance, and better wheel's tyres, thats providing she will take 11k, she was asking 12.5 but for me she would prolly do 10.5-11.

IM hoping its not a dud, I will test drive it tomorrow, and report back here.

thanks for the input.. its all apppreciated :P

ok.. heres the results for the inspection

pics attached.

the first thing I noticed was the wear on the window edges, this could be from Living on the gold coast, as we get salty air here, And the Badge was gone from the front left: She said thats how she Bought it. the exhaust was a little bent although it wasnt the "inside" exhaust, just the casing . The Bonnet was nice and front Bumper: I Pushed down hard and it had good resitance ( springs were tuff)

Then she came Home, and I asked her to pop the hood:

ENGINE: I was impressed with how clean it was, she said last service she got him to clean it, so it was pretty clean on the inside. Now interior: the steering wheel Looked a little worn, but I didnt notice anything too bad.

Cosmetic problems :

Boot strut needed Gas, it fell on me when I inspected the boot ( f*kING HURT!) and I lifted the ( skinny ) spare , and there was a touch of rust that has eaten thru the boot about the size of a matchbox, the hole was about the size of a 5c peice, I didnt get a shot because she was right there and I think I was embarrassed for her .

Onto the Checklist:

1. front quarter panels = Looked ok no noticable problems apart from what the pics show .

2. engine removal = There was no sign of engine removal, all the Bolts looked good, and not recently Unscrewed, there was no rust Under the hood. and not very dirty at all.

3.Push front and rear Bumper = good resistance, they felt very strong.

4. check for rust: only In the boot as far as I could tell, No Bubbles, no scratches, Just the matchbox size rust spot in the boot with a 5c size hole.

5.Compliance plate = was printed, not engraved, Looked genuine, I have a pic. it had a green one, and a Jap Blue one on the firewall, and a silver plate which I dont know whats for.

6. Mileage to service sticker = forgot to look

7. Air cond = good, Cold and very strong.

8.Engine belts = she told me the fan belt needs replacing soon. Other than that I couldnt really see any belts.

9.Oil: Looked VERY clean, No Burnt smell.

10.Coolant : Green.

11. Weld marks/Tar = None that I could see, I dont think there were any.

12. Spare tyre Jack/chock : had a spare, one of thise "skinny" ones couldnt see a jack/chock or anything else.

13. DASHLIGHTS: all worked, turbo timer, all gauages all worked

14.Oil pressure : stayed in the Middle when driving, seemed to drop when I was going slow.. it stalled the car with low revs on a hill, but that could have been because the clutch wasnt in the full way ( i worked out later that I had it about an Inch out) there was another Guage I didnt KNow what it was for, seemed to be In the Middle then at -7, then moved to middle again. and the turbo timer worked.

15.Gearbox: felt good, Sturdy, smooth and tight. clutch was tight, and sturdy and a stern Push required, not loose or slack not crunchy.

16.Punching the engine : reponse was good, Immediate, and sounded awesome, it blew no smoke at all.

17. Floor it at 3000rpm in 4th : response was good, I couldnt totally floor it, in an 80 zone, but the response was good for a 3/4 flooring.

18. reverse - good, the reverse lights worked, no probs there.

19 Vibration? Pulling?: None at all, seemed very "smooth" to drive, and almost TOO easy to turn, i honestly thought the steering would be "tighter", no Vibration.

20.Acelleration vibration : None, it was smooth.

21. Bounce or Bang over Bumps: Not that I couls tell, there was a slight noise in the brakes, but she said only since the last service, she says it may be the new brake pads. it sounded like the disks. a slight scraping.

22. response on Hill: good , but I stalled, could have been cuz I rode the clutch a bit. Worked that out later.

23. Cut engine and restart : good, started Immediately.

24 Build plate : was told it was a 94 model, but the Build plate said 1993.

Noticable things: It needs some cosmetic work, i dont know how Much, but all the electrics are good, the gearbox + clutch felt nice, smooth But not loose, tights,.. Doors shut solid, the window was a little Wobbly as it was half open ( passenger side ) overall the driving experience was good, the suspension seemed good, the car seemed to "float." steering was good. No Noticable Pulling or wobbling.. all the guages seemed to work, however I didnt knwo what the +7/-7 one was.. but it was working.

so Please Criticise it.. good or bad.. I want Honest Opinions.. How Much for the owrk, what needs doing first etc.. SHOULD I BUY IT, if so, How Much to pay..things like that.. I want it scrutinised..

thanks IN advance.. and I have to say

OMG skylines have some nice power.. I only got to 5th once and I really didnt need 5th at all. I know the interior could use some touching up too, mainly the steering wheel..

Edit: Oh and the tyres were practically new.. However i was thinking of getting aftermarket rims.

could you Guys respond with $$ estimates? so I can get an idea of the overall costing of Bringing it up to a Nice condition?

cosmetic things I can handle.. major owrk.. well Im not sure.. and what would you offer? she had 12.5 on it.

post-32195-1160647337.jpg

post-32195-1160647365.jpg

post-32195-1160647392.jpg

post-32195-1160647436.jpg

post-32195-1160647505.jpg

post-32195-1160647530.jpg

post-32195-1160647572.jpg

post-32195-1160647603.jpg

Edited by Voltus

Good write-up. Seems pretty good condition to me for a 93/94 model. Are two BOV's connected though? (Stock one and aftermarket Blitz one)

Whats the Vin number? ie ECR33-XXXXXX

Edited by NathR32

Good write-up. Seems pretty good condition to me for a 93/94 model. Are two BOV's connected though? (Stock one and aftermarket Blitz one)

Whats the Vin number? ie ECR33-XXXXXX

I dont know if the two are connected, I dont really know much about the engines of a skyline, but if there are 2, id say yes, because everything inside the Hood seemed in perfect shape.. the enjine was My major concern, as I can deal with cosmetics without getting too confused, but yeah.. looked ok to me. ( for what I know).

Vin is ECR33-006241

whats that mean?

a Lot of ppl On OCAU are telling me to Give it a miss, that theres better out there.. I was thinking $10,000, and use the remainder for a major service ( timing belts ) and the rust spots..

I really need some advice here IM like a mushroom ( in the dark and fed on Sh!t ) :(

Edited by Voltus

Hi all my first post....i would try and get her down a bit mate..i just picked up a 96 model in original and perfect condition with 101,000k's only mod is 18 inch wheels for 14k

Edited by zooee

11K come on guys, be reasonable. You can't even buy a decent r ugly poo (32) gtst for 11k.

If I were you, I would offer her what she is looking for. it's a more than reasonable price.

E.g. people are still selling their r ugly poo (32) gtsts for 12-13k.

I think 11k is pretty fair. If it drives well its probably worth it. Are you really going to be happy with a car in that condition though? I wouldnt be able to stand looking at the grody steering wheel and the doors everytime i got into it.

If you only want to spend 10 - 11 look at an r32, you'll pick up a mint one with a few mods for that price.

Edited by Gts25Tom