SAU Community

Covert Speed Ops In The Hills

Oosh

This sucks. They're actually starting to cut down in the good areas. The Holy Grounds. Makes me think twice about going for my drive into the hills now.

The most probable reason for using cameras is that I doubt most cops are able to keep up the decent GTR, WRX and bike riders/drivers in the hills. With the cameras there's no escape. And with them randomly hidden, who knows if the road you're speeding on has a camera on it. Hence you're allot less likely to even bother speeding in the first place instead of slowing down for cameras in certain spots where you know where they are.

An analogy of this is; who can say now that none of the other fun hills roads out there don't have speed cameras on them right now? Next week we could read an article in the paper that describes how they've done another blitz on different hills road already, only telling us afterwards everytime. It seems like a system that's based on fear, the fear that no one can be sure whether any of the roads are camera free or not.

I bet the camera operators are doing it just to try and impress the girls-

"Yeah I work in the covert operations branch of SAPOL"

Rather than-

"I'm a monkey that sits in the car with the speed camera"

a group of us burned down Cudlee Creek road where one of the cameras was Saturday after the dyno day .... I hope we didn't get done (we weren't doing silly speeds, but may have approached 100km/h on occassions - which until very recently was the speed limit on that road) .... but we were caught behind minder cars for long periods, so I am hoping we were going slow past the camera!

I bet the camera operators are doing it just to try and impress the girls-

"Yeah I work in the covert operations branch of SAPOL"

Rather than-

"I'm a monkey that sits in the car with the speed camera"

Hahaha

I'm pretty sure it's actually Police Security Services that handle and manage all the speed cameras. So that dirty lyin' monkey in the car isn't even a real cop :spank: