SAU Community

Power Steering Fluid

Angry Fist

Hey guys, I think i've got a leak somewhere but I seem to be constantly out of power steering fluid...well it's always ay a pretty low level..

Anyway, was wondering what the correct fluid should be so i can top up..just done a search and couldn't find any useful results..

cheers

The Resoviours always leak...especially when driven hard. You'll see most 33's at the track with a sock or something over the PS resoviour.

Pretty sure you can use auto transmission fluid (Dexron) stuff. Best to wait till someone confirms this for me.

i bought some of the nulon powersteering fluid with a addative to stop leaks. stoped the fluid from dropping too low, but it still gets the look as though its been leaking.

must've been a factory option, and everyone seems to have ticked the "leaking power steering res." box.

Alternatively, there are PS lines in the engine bay, on the drivers side, running down to the rack.

The rubber pipes are clamped to metal pipes, and they commonly leak there. You can get to the pipes from the top or bottom, and new pipe and clamps should be cheap. (if they're really oily)

It can leak from rack seals, check from wetness around rack boots, can leak from hoses also as they crack and become perished with age. They only put material over the brake and clutch master cylinder reseviours to catch leaks from the breather outlet, as it sloshes around more when your on the track due to high cornering loads/speeds. If the system is leaking check it out and get it sorted.