SAU Community

AWD going all the time is No good. Get it checked out, atleast make sure it has sufficient fluid in transfer case. Otherwise start saving for a transfer case rebuild, they are not designed for sustained use and it will wear the clutch plates out.

'Crunching in gear' like when you do a bad gearchange? if its happening during a normal gear change then it sounds like synchros are going/gone...

have you checked the gearbox oil, check if there any metal debris in it, if its clean then you may get away with some sort of teflon gearshift goo like Nulon etc, otherwise it sounds like gearbox rebuild time.

Cheers guys, I keep you updated on progress.

Dan :)

Ok guys,

My problem is solved! Here is what was wrong:

The front tyres were Dunlop 3000's - 17 inch. The rear were Kumho Ecsta's - also 17 inch. However. the Kumho's are slightly larger. Swapped the fronts to the rears and now works perfectly! Saved $400 for two new tyres!

I hope this is useful to others in the future!

Cheers,

Dan :(

ok. let me re phrase.

the torque guage will ocasionaly raise up while your cruising. then drop down.

it should shoot up if you put your foot down. pretty much any motion where the car jerks in a forward motion.

ps. i had front tyres new rear almost worn out. the torque guage was up the whole time till i put new tyres on the rear.

both were the same brand aswell. so it doesnt take much

ive got newer ones on the rear and gauge still read lil transfer to front while cruising on highway...when i had other rims with the semi slicks on the car...it was fine...but changing back to my daily rims..it will have a reading on it.. the tyres are the same size 255x40 but different brands, would this cause it as well?? Have the dirt garage torque controller and use the rwd option for the moment. Setting always on lowest except on wet days. Also tried bleeding the attessa...how long or how many times supposed to open the bleed nipple? prob about 20ml came out when i stopped doing it. any ideas? maybe have to change tyres from front to back as well

ive got newer ones on the rear and gauge still read lil transfer to front while cruising on highway...when i had other rims with the semi slicks on the car...it was fine...but changing back to my daily rims..it will have a reading on it.. the tyres are the same size 255x40 but different brands, would this cause it as well?? Have the dirt garage torque controller and use the rwd option for the moment. Setting always on lowest except on wet days. Also tried bleeding the attessa...how long or how many times supposed to open the bleed nipple? prob about 20ml came out when i stopped doing it. any ideas? maybe have to change tyres from front to back as well

Your problem is going to be different brands of tyres, from my experience. HAve a quick vsual inspection from a distance. See if they look different. Otherwise, measure them up on flat ground. I measured from top of tyre to where is hits the ground, it was a little different. Even if its fairly minimal, that will be your prob. Try front to rear swap.

Cheers.

Dan :D

• 2 weeks later...

OKies so 4 new tyres are on the cards for me then.

But my crunching problem isn't with the gearshift......gears can be selected and feel totally normal. Its when u release the clutch after changing gears that there is a crunching. Btw it has a triple plate in it.