SAU Community

What is it with Holden drivers?

Originally posted by MIC33R

MotoX - the 300kw Commodores generally get around 215rwkw+, so they can put up a fair fight against a tuned up Skyline.

Hehe, until you get to a corner :D

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i gotta agree ... holden heads know only about the capacity of the engine and think capacity = power ... umm i don't think so ... they know nothing of tuning, electronics, suspension whereas everyone i've met and i mean everyone with a skyline, supra, 180 etc has pretty good knowledge about whats good and why? .. why?? because our cars are technically more advanced!!! i can't find an argument against this!!!

except for maybe the fact the quite a large majority of holden drivers are uneducated bogans!!!

I like to wind the window down and say " Mate that is one sweet sounding 253 you have there".

I could be called a holden driver since my volvo wagon is powered by a holden V8 and trans. I can't wait to chop a skyline in it! :) (it will chop quite a few I know of in my area)

Originally posted by AVENGE

Not all Commodore drivers are dickheads!

Nah of course not, until last year I used to drive one! :P But you definitely notice a lot more bogans in Commodores showing a lot of insecurity to people driving turbo Jap imports. From the first night I picked up the Skyline I noticed the idiot bogan in a Commodore ratio increase about tenfold.

I think deep down most of them realise that their car is inferior, so they try to make up for this by trying to "prove" they are better drivers by doing stupid shit, like going 2x the speed limit past you, cutting you off, etc. The moron I talked about prevsiouly in the V6 VP is the best example I can think of, happening to me.

People in Later model Dunnydore's like the VT, VX and VY's are generally okay.

If you get the people in the beastily VN, then you start to hit bogan-ville, they put a V8 in a VN they think they own the road.

i have quite a few mates that drive commodores.

and this guys got a v6, and its hll fast for a v6, has just a chim zaust and cam. was quite suprised when i gave it a bit next to him, but i still was ahead.

the holden bogan thing is quite bad. i dislike bogans.

lol and the v8s (exec) arnt much faster then the v6 ones.

i had a look at alot of time slips.

but i still enjoy seeing/hearing the nice loud v8 note coming out of a commy. theres nothing that can replace the v8 sound.

but what i really hate is these ricy wankers in their little shitboxes (some turbo6's and v8s) with their fart making noise cars, and the shitty v8s with long tailpipe noise when the back off, blam blam blam bang blam kinda noise.

i enjoy burnouts, and i dont see many imports doing them.

and

i hate imature shitheads that say my car is rice.

RICE = non performance stuff eg stickers for parts you dont have, wings that are so big that u can take off, neons ect.

i had a nice long winded post typed up how your all a bunch of useless morons who dont seem to know shit. But i figured i'll tell you how i really feel.

I DRIVE an LS-1 powered vehicle. If i lose to a skyline or any other car for that matter, i will give them a thumbs up. I see more ****stains in cheap imports who think they have a hope in hell against a BPU ls-1 doing ricer flybys and having cries than i do old commodore drivers etc.

WOW a stock SS cant hold its own with an BPU gts-t through twisties? what point of thank you very much captian obvious should i point that 1 out too. As for your list of bits he would cry over.. Add onto that 200kilo's less weight.. maybe more. "2 less cylinders" yes well done.. now add onto that the turbo.

Yes there are the fair share of commodore driving idiots, but i know for a fact BPU skyline(non gt-r) vs BPU ls-1.. the ls-1 will have a good chance of winning. Matty.. yes we know skylines won bathurst, and that was 10 years ago. Oh and the GT-R won that 1 not your gts-t.. bit like saying "the phase 3 falcon 0wned bathurst" when 1 drives an XF 6 cyl shitter.

I am yet to see a BPU r33 gts-t run anything to impressive on a regular basis. As for mr smarty pants comments on upsetting a guy cause his ss ute uses oil... 2% of gen3's world wide are having these issues.

You may asume they're all slow, but trust me, day you line up a BPU ls-1 manual will be a nice eye opener mate. :P

now let the flamming beging bitches.

As for teh gt-r nevah losing.. EVL R33 got a taste of gen3 power a while back :D

what happened to him?? and we did generalise that its not all holden drivers ... just some of the ones that really stand out ... you know bogans ... bogans are usually easily spotted .... like listening to jimmy barns in full volume hahahaa ... not that theres anything wrong with that ...

how come u didn't get another rx7 after ur accident?? that would be a skyline killer :P ...

meh, dickheads drive whatever they can afford, theyre not limited to holdens or skylines etc. ive had bad experiences with both once in the old mans rex against an r33 and another time in a mates hsv when we got abused by a tit in a vn who didnt like losing(who then proceeded to follow us). the vast majority out there are of the friendly variety. each to there own

OMG I wonder if some of you guys know how up yourselves you sound... no offense, but read back some of these posts and substitute 'skyline' for 'Commodore' and I'm sure you'd think they were a bunch of pompous, stuck up so-and-so's. Although I'm sure not all of it was intended to be read this way, it's easy to do so, so just be a little more careful.

DCIEVE et al - couldn't agree more.

Originally posted by Blackness

Encourge everyone to drive a commodore, just tell them you bought the skyline because you couldn't handle the generals power .....  

we don't want the :whackit: to be come enlightened and start "enhancing" the image of skyline owners

Hehehe i agree!:P

but definetaly not all holden drivers r wankerz coz if you said that then most of australia would b wankerz! id say mostly the younger ones who think they own the road and end up giving other young drivers a bad image are the wankers! I live across the road from a big park with a big car park and as you can guess there r dickheads running amuck every nite and 99.99% are holdens or fords with an age of approx 17-25 doing burnouts, ripping up grass and running into things which is extremely annoying!

I understand summoner.

Over here stockish R33's seem to run a little on the slow side. Then again there are also many a slug LS-1's, just check out the wednesday night drags. Your ute is unusually quick amongst the LS-1 bretheren most of whom are floating around mid 14's or worse, including modified ones.

I ran a 13.4 and a bunch of 13.5's with a pretty stock gtst, but it is as unusual as the 13.4 your ute did. Not fast all the same.

Should organise a joint LS-1 and skyline gtst night and see how the average times work out. I reckon it would be close (and pretty slow average).