SAU Community

Where Do I Buy A Sheet Of Aluminium?

Abo Bob

Capral Aluminium - they have stores all over the place -there is one is Brookvale that I use.

They sell in very big sheets - so you may have to ask for a half one.

What do you need Bob ? I may have some left over from when I made my air filter cover for the old Skyline. (god that was a work of art)

Umm I need about 600x400 at a rough guess. Biggest piece 280x155 (2 of them), and some other bits.

I'm making a catch can. I was hoping to get a sheet cos I want to get it professionally cut and welded.

You mean a huge one? Otherwise why bother, justjap etc sell them so cheap, there's even a trader on here selling 1L ones from memory

EDIT: They're 800ml

You mean a huge one? Otherwise why bother, justjap etc sell them so cheap, there's even a trader on here selling 1L ones from memory

EDIT: They're 800ml

Cos they are shit. I already have one shit catch can. I don't want another.

Mine will fit an R34 GTT perfectly.

Yeah, coming from a background of fabrication I would say that it would only cost an extra $50 or so dollars for an off the shelf non "shit" one. The amount of time you spend on chasing things up for the fabricator (who should have access to sheet aluminium :() is probably worth the $50. So I say, unless you need one to fit a certain space in the engine bay buy one off the shelf.

edit: added bit - to answer your question. Blackwoods and Capral.