SAU Community

R32 Wheels

CATKICKER

Hi Guys, well this is my car.

skylineig3.jpg

I am thinking about either painting my rims white, black, gunmetal or bronze OR putting them on the family magna wagon and getting myself some new rims...

I am interested in seeing what others have on their 32's and how big you can go. CAN I FIT 20's under there??

My current rims are 18x8's (not sure of the offset but I believe correct - maybe 35) and I have had to trim the rear guards right back to 'minimise' scrubbing. Can I get a wider tyre on if I get a different offset (taking them in further) or will that just cause more problems?

Anyway, this is as much for me as for every other R32/Skyline lover out there... Post your pics up and give your opinions!

Thanks guys!!

Todd

get rid of em mate, put them on ya commodore. lmfao.

20s...umm possible, but mods to ya guards for sure, and must get low profile tyres, probably something like 205x30xR20 for front, and 215x30xr20 for the rear.

i hate to see holden wheels on jap cars, or japwheels on aussie cars, just doesnt go together.

ratedGTR - they arent holden wheels, they are just an after market wheel mainly produced by BSA. also 30 series rubber for 20s is rare and only comes in 225 and wider.

CATKICKER - ive got 20x8 on my car and they only scrub a tiny bit when i go over big dips in the road at decent speeds, but ive got GTR front and rear guards. you could probably fit em with the right offset, camber, tyre size and height.

Cool... well since mine are 18x8's and rarely scrub, if I were to fit some 20x8's with a 30 profile tyre, it should technically be the same width and rolling diameter.

I honestly have not seen 20x8 before, only 20x9's. what are yours? can you post up a pic? I can't see to well in your sig...

raterGTR, post up a pic of your car/wheels.

no it wont be the same rolling diameter

you can fit 22s if u wanna keep the car sitting like land cruiser

but the problems start when u lower the car

because the wheels will need to sit inside the guards for it to look any good

my wheels are original AME modelarts, they are a light weight 3 peice jap rim.

cant buy em anymore cause they stopped making em years ago

74953993_85513b0a85_o.jpg

see now that is tough!

how does it handle with 20's? Mine sits about the same height (just slightly heigher, which is fine for me and my daily driving)

i am just not sure if it is worth the trouble getting 20's just to say i have 20's... maybe it is but 19's would still look big! It's not like the 18's look small (well the do compared to yours :D )

18's look small compared to that for sure, but there are still some nice 18's out there, and the cost for them (and tyres) wont be as bad

Ive always though black powdercoated rims like your current ones wouldnt look to bad on a silver R32 :laugh:

handles like shit with 20s lol

nah its not too bad obviously it would be better with smaller rims.

i want to go lower because there is still a shit load of ground clearance

having the car sitting the way mine sits now wont happen on a GTSt

unless you get 20 x 7.5 or something really thin

and have heaps of negative camber