SAU Community

My On-going Dispute With Recent Fines I Received

Mr-Toy33

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to go give some more paper work (modification rules that QLD transport gave me) to my dad tonight. I'll ask if having other people who received incorrect defect notices from this cop will help out with anythin.

will let ya know!

:D just wondering what are the modification rules that given to u ? :)

:( just wondering what are the modification rules that given to u ? ;)

the modification rules can be downloaded from the qld transport website.

its a pdf file.

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/LTASinf...ion_Jan05v2.pdf

there were some print outs QLD Transport guys gave me as well which are sitting in my file at my dads office. i'll photocopy the requirements for a modification plate for you and scan it to pdf.

the other pages he gave me i think r 4 pages, so i`ll see what i'll do and make that a pdf too.

This cop has picked on me before too. I popped the bonnet as asked and he basically pointed at everything and told me it was all illegal. I laughed at him and said "prove it". He then got very angry and spoke to his mate about the situation. They couldn't come up with anything so decided to let me off with a 'warning'. As they drove off I said "Have a nice day fellas". He slams on the brakes and says "Don't make me get out of this f**king car". To which I had no response lol.....Assclown!

He fined me for something a few months later but didn't remember me. I did deserve the fine I was getting though.

if you ever go to court and they show a tape recording of your conversation, you can have it dismissed as you were never told that you were being recorded, and did not give your permission.

or you just ask them the moment they pull you up if they are recording you. if they say yes say that you don't give them permission to do it, or pull your own recorder out so you have a copy of it.

another good thing to do is the moment they pull you over ask for their badge number, and right it down. they will generally behave a bit better since they know that if they do anything wrong you know exactly who they are when you make a complaint.

another good thing to do is the moment they pull you over ask for their badge number, and right it down. they will generally behave a bit better since they know that if they do anything wrong you know exactly who they are when you make a complaint.

NSWPF do not have badge numbers any more. Haven't for a long time. Surprisingly, they have names.

yep.....wait 12 months.......

only six.....

trust me :devil:

Unless you had a very (and i mean VERY) good reason to be driving.....

you had to of told the cop on the spot and hope the judge is in a good mood.....

but Back On Topic,

So John Updates??

:whistling:

if you ever go to court and they show a tape recording of your conversation, you can have it dismissed as you were never told that you were being recorded, and did not give your permission.

You don't require permission to record a conversation in QLD, but it is illegal to have a device fitted to a phone to record a conversation, gets a bit blurry if you have a seperate tape recorder 'near' the phone speaker

Following quote below with regard to conversations:

"It is more complicated if you are a party to the conversation. In Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia and the Northern Territory it is generally not an offence to make the recording, unlike in New South Wales, Tasmania and Australian Capital Territory.

In South Australia, making the recording is unlawful unless it is in the course of your duty, the `public interest' defence applies, or it is for the protection of your lawful interests. 'Lawful interests' is open to some interpretation of course."

Nope, You may record any conversation that you are a part of, I have nailed many a knob in court using this (Not a cop but I still have to go to court alot)

You don't require permission to record a conversation in QLD, but it is illegal to have a device fitted to a phone to record a conversation, gets a bit blurry if you have a seperate tape recorder 'near' the phone speaker

Ha ha that is a funny one! We do that at work too! We have to be careful that the recorder never touches the hand set!

:) If get caught driving while license suspended is there any other way to get my license back ? ;)

Well, no cause you didnt wait in the first place hey... So really you would be getting back something you didnt have...

See thing is when you drive without a licence you leave yourself very very open. You crash no insurance at all, then comes the court case, as you dont have a licence that gives them pleanty of ammo to really take your arse down nice.

You lost it, cop it fair on the chin. You were stupid enough to not realise that the first time, learn from your 2nd mistake.

How about this:

Record all the conversations you have with the police, with or without them knowing.

If they don't know you're recording them, and they're being very unprofessional etc, or downright rude etc, just wait till they've gone after fining you.

Make a copy of the recording.

Go down to the cop shop, find the cop. Tell them you have a recording, show them the recording. If they mention its illegal, and can't be used in court, say that you know: 'But wouldn't it be terrible if this got leaked to 'A current affair, or today tonight'? Why wouldn't that be the kind of thing that would ruin a police officers career?'

Hmmmmm, I live in a fantasy world.