SAU Community

Gtr Virgin

Gexenon - stock for stock, modded for modded, driving either on the street is the same.

If a stock gtr is wasted on the road, so is a stock gtst.

I don't agree. I think GTST are nicer on the street as they have response ie boost very early making them quicker point to point on the street. GTR's are very lazy below 3500. GTST's on the otherhand are up and ready by 2500rpm.

Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed driving the 3 I have driven and will buy one in the future but I think on the street a gtst is more practical and useable.

Its funny, the first time in a GTR is something you will remember - and as corny as it sounds, words cant describe its frantic acceleration!

The first time you go in one, make sure its a quickish one ;)

From a standing start, without launching if your driver redlines 1st and 2nd, you'll know what i mean. And launching them is even better! Hold 7000rpm, let go of the clutch and get ready for 2nd gear - when you have it in 2nd, look in the mirror and see how much ground you've covered, but dont forget 3rd gear by that time :(

Id take you in mine if it was working etc aswel

You reckon? I actually think GTR's feel slow even when they are quick. I have been in two GTR's with 300awkw that have run 11's and although they are very quick to me it doesn't feel like it. I think its because GTR's are so stable.

My s15 on the other hand only has 200rwkw and feels faster than a friends 250rwkw GTR even though the GTR ran a 12.3 and mine is only good for a high 12. My car would be far slower than the GTR (even in gear) but because the s15's/gtst's don't feel as stable I reckon they feel faster.

My first ride in a GTR was a built one with N1's. It felt reasonably fast but I wasn't blown away. The first one I drove was a dead stock r33 gtr and the power feels so linear that it didn't really excite me at all. I was really impressed by the brakes and the chassis though, it felt so sure footed.

As I said though I will definitely buy a GTR, actually I almost bought one a month ago but the *potential* cost of ownership put me off. :D

If you want a GTR and can afford the bills go for it...a clean mildly modded one makes a good daily. I used my 660hp one for my daily for a month...not so good ha ha. GTSt are ok but they are not the real thing. GTR=THE real thing :D

I take the GTR everywhere its my only car ;)

Hearing guys speak about 250KM for $12 makes me want to mame myself :D

and What N1GTR said is 100% true

Make sure they do a full bore launch (it's cream time baby) :(

Power after a few mods though makes you want more and more mods for more power...its a sickness

If its a sickness, i dont want to be healthy

I don't agree. I think GTST are nicer on the street as they have response ie boost very early making them quicker point to point on the street. GTR's are very lazy below 3500. GTST's on the otherhand are up and ready by 2500rpm.

Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed driving the 3 I have driven and will buy one in the future but I think on the street a gtst is more practical and useable.

You reckon? I actually think GTR's feel slow even when they are quick. I have been in two GTR's with 300awkw that have run 11's and although they are very quick to me it doesn't feel like it. I think its because GTR's are so stable.

It depends what you have to be honest, i have decent camber front and rear, huge wide rims etc, big exhaust, TEINS and all that stuff, which makes it unbeatable on a good road, shame Sydney doesnt have many of them though

Yes the GTR may seem a bit laggy in comparison, but, take them both to the revcut and i know which one will be in front :D But thats one more thing i love about them, if i didnt have a mulitplate clutch my mum and dad could drive it to the shops (or where ever old people like to go, flower markets etc :P ) and it acts like a "normal" car, but anything above 3500rpm (or a bit less with a few bits added) and hold on. Ive driven GTST's before and jumped out and straight into a GTR - such a huge difference. Sure the GTST's allways feel on boost, but like i said, its up around the 7500rpm mark you can tell the difference :rofl:

The GTST is way more daily driver friendly than a GTR, well to be fair, when i had a single plate in mine i drove it everywhere, then got a twin plate and still drove it heaps, but not as much cause i have a 2nd car that takes less effort to drive (auto commodore) and is a bit less attractive to the police

Well said on the stability, ive had a commodore going fast and the GTR going fast (i wont define "fast", but you get the idea) and i know which one id pick, anyday :D

Hope this helps :D

Hi there,

Much like the first post in this thread - i have not once EVER sat in a GTR.... drove and ALMOST bought a R34 GT-T .... but the Gear synchros were stuffed on 3rd and 4th, plus there was some other damage and the car was still limited to 180 ...:laugh:

Now the other thing - I am VERY close to having a look at a GTR-R32. The stock turbos are broken (overboosted and broke the impellers). So i am getting the car for a fair price. Mileage is less than 100 000 km.

However - i have a rather simple (possibly silly) question ... What fuel doe the R32 GTR's run on ? Leaded or Unleaded? Up here in Namibia we only have 93 Octane Lead replacement Fuel (LRF) and 95 Octane Unleaded.

Other mods I am planning to add to the car are :

Apexi Power FC

HKS cams

HKS Valve springs

GREDDY Boost controller

Car already has a TRUST exhaust and Volk Wheels. All else is stock.

The Front mounted intercooler will also be replaced.

Thanks much ...