SAU Community

Defected!

DriftR_33

WTF searching the glovebox. Man I feel for ya. If you guys got a lock on it, just say you don't have the key :laugh:

How did they know you were too low? Did they measure it? And which KFC was this?

Back when I was 19 and bought my first nice car (VS 5ltr 5speed, bilsetin suspension, nice tidy wheels etc) I had 2 cops pull me over driving home from work 11am at night. Say it was too low and then asked where my 'Stash' was. I couldn't help but laugh and shake my head. He then shoved his hand in to around the back of my erm... messy glovebox and dumped all the stuff on the floor, had a quick look in the center console and left. He was an arse. :)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spewin jase, don't hear of many people getting through with a 2-way, i'd change it.

Your basically guaranteed to go back a second time so just take it there as is and they'll write everything down that needs to be done then just do everything that regency writes on the list as they are not allowed to add anything the second time round.

for example the first time i went i got done for a missing exhaust manifold bolt (was snapped) and supposedly worn suspension bushes.

I feel for ya!

just wondering if you's could gimmie an idiea of what i would be in for and to expect.

Pain, lots of it. :)

You might want to apply a liberal amount of KY Jelly before you go there. :)

Restore EVERYTHING back to stock before you go, fix all leaks ans oil stains, tidy up your wiring loom, and get the suspension checked out for worn parts and ride height.

OMG.. does anybody have any stock schocks they can lend me?

i got some r32 ones, but they are different arnt they? could have sworn somewhere selling ones that fit both r32 and r33 but that doesnt seem right :S

Edited by nisskid

Ah.. if you have an aftermarket.. locking it in the glovebox won't really help, next time I go to regency I have to have my ECU visible. So, I have to have my glovebox hanging open so they can see it.. basically if they want to see something, if you can't show them, they will defect you. Probably also slap an emissions test on you too, make sure when your car starts there is NO fuel smell and NO black smoke... lol.. damn mitsubishi making my life hard...

Thanks for the tip about the wiring loom 4 door, I didn't even consider that, but I will re-wrap it.

Also.. what's with them not being able to add more stuff? They wrote on my defect notice "May require more repairs".

Sorry to hear about your defect dude. I was defected about six months ago for too low in my gtr. It took two times to get through. I got through with full 3" exhaust, apexi fc (didnt look, just took hand controller out) momo wheel, fuel pressure regulator. Hope this helps, lowest part of the car connot be below 100mm, also suspension cannot be able to be adjusted lower than legal. I ended up installing standard struts for the inspection.

One last thing if you get the dude with a bald head and glasses abouth 35ish, your coming back, dudes a tosser. Have fun man i know i did

He must've been the same guy who was giving me shit. He walked over, and starts going you've been here before having you... bet you've got a skyline don't you... (at which point he hadn't even seen my car yet)... and well he had a big grin like he had a hardon trying to defect my car. Guy's a full tosser.

Unfortunately you've got to play by their rules though, no matter how much of pricks they can be. There's a european looking guy there too, he seems alright, but probably couldn't sort out a root in a brothel - he walked over to me, told me my build plate was missing, didn't even bother to check in the normal location near the firewall... duh. I reckon it was the first guy who gave me the double defect.

Edited by Howie

He must've been the same guy who was giving me shit. He walked over, and starts going you've been here before having you... bet you've got a skyline don't you... (at which point he hadn't even seen my car yet)... and well he had a big grin like he had a hardon trying to defect my car. Guy's a full tosser.

Unfortunately you've got to play by their rules though, no matter how much of pricks they can be. There's a european looking guy there too, he seems alright, but probably couldn't sort out a root in a brothel - he walked over to me, told me my build plate was missing, didn't even bother to check in the normal location near the firewall... duh. I reckon it was the first guy who gave me the double defect.

Mate just thinking of it makes me angry. The second time was a piece of piss.

I also got through with full apexi intercooler biggest one that fits in, oil cooler, hard pipes and cam gears if thats any help for the other guy. Also make sure you have your import paper work or complience plate form.

I have a set of stock shocks, havnt used them for 18 months but they were OK when they camo out.

can we work something out?

i really need them thanks :mad:

i can smell fuel threw my exhaust system ATM... maybe stock exhaust and comp and lowerd boost will fix?

i remember the cop saying "we pull about 5-10 skylines over in a week, were just bound to find illegal modifications on them"

to me there just taking the easy way out, my car will stop qucker, handle better and be much safer that 80%

of the cars out there. my EA falcon is ruff and deserves to be defected but they dont look twice :)

just acting on the government created scapegoat (HOON) that threw media and propaganda has brain washed the public into demanding actoin to prevent road fatalities and create safer roads. The police force then convice and brain wash there officers in achieving there monthly quota!

therefore steering the publice eye away from the real problem inadequate road planing, surfaces and sighning.

sigh** Venting :)

can we work something out?

i really need them thanks :mad:

i can smell fuel threw my exhaust system ATM... maybe stock exhaust and comp and lowerd boost will fix?

i remember the cop saying "we pull about 5-10 skylines over in a week, were just bound to find illegal modifications on them"

to me there just taking the easy way out, my car will stop qucker, handle better and be much safer that 80%

of the cars out there. my EA falcon is ruff and deserves to be defected but they dont look twice :)

just acting on the government created scapegoat (HOON) that threw media and propaganda has brain washed the public into demanding actoin to prevent road fatalities and create safer roads. The police force then convice and brain wash there officers in achieving there monthly quota!

therefore steering the publice eye away from the real problem inadequate road planing, surfaces and sighning.

sigh** Venting :)

Take their numbers, they have to give you this by law. Make a complaint( this has to be followed up, used to go out with a cop) its petty but its the only way to feel a little better.

my defect states "modified engnge manegement system"

i think i better replace it, i want to aviod an emmisions test.

looks like i have alot of work cut out for me... for no reason.

when she comes back it will be speacial, HOLD me to that :)

i would like it to all be over in 2 weeks. but i have a lot of work ahead of me..

my car to stock - head f@#k (lots of time)

go threw there terroist regieme (weeks)

replace parts (lots of time) + hiflow z32 afm and injectors :laugh::rofl::)

The ironic part about this is that all these illegal modyficatsion they're defecting the later model skylines on are rather harmless modifycations to be having in the first place. All modern cars are dangerous enough as they are and any performance enhancements shouldn't really be regarded any differently in the ways of street useage.

couple exceptions.

lockers, possibly hydrollic handbrakes, and other random shit that drastically changes the versatility of your car as a daily get-around.

Yeah... if they did you for "modified engine management system", the whole thing will have to come out.. you have some sort of aftermarket fuel controller? They could just mean the boost controller, but I think the regency guys are really really cluey when it comes to skylines, as they have probably seen just about every single one in adelaide.

I agree, it is harassment, but on the other hand, the modifications are technically illegal. The cops just know it's easy money. Pull over any R33, you will find at LEAST a boost controller.. thats 170 bucks right there.

I think, unfortunately for you, the only way you will get it through is to make it completely stock.

Luckily, theres so many modded skylines, getting the stock parts shouldn't be too hard :) I hope your engine management is a power FC or something, so it just unplugs..

Definitely worth while grabbing one of these.

http://www.nengun.com/catalogue/product/454

Route it up in to you glovebox just under the latch so that the plug and be dropped down and then be pushed back up when not in need. Nice and hidden.

Disconnect it and shove the hand controller some where when you get pulled over or when its not needed.

I tried a ps2 extension cable... Couldn't get it to fit well/tight with the supposive mods that one must do to it.