SAU Community

I Have Quit Smoking!

Shell

everyone seems very anti smoking which makes me scared to say...

But i quit last wednesday..:laugh:

Been smokin for a while... workin (building) made it worse as everyone else smokes, your outside... and it just kinda give you something to do..

Last wednesday.. i thought the same thing... i just said f*k it.. and quit..

I feel like a better person and you look down on people that smoke now.. (No offence smokers)

Plus my GF smokes and im trying to break up with her... and..... it makes me feel better.. yup

Congrats shell. :) GO TEAM!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome stuff Shell. Money saved for mods and you'll feel better. I felt so much better after 12 years smoking up to 1-1/2 packs a day that within 3 years I had won a silver medal at the national cycling championships. I still like an occasional Havana but only on real special occassions.

Now how do I quit having a stuffed back????

CONGRATS SHELL!! It feels like only yesterday you were telling me you were going to quit while I was wandering around woden lol :rofl: I'm so proud of you hun!! Good work!

Congrats to all those other now non-smokers as well!! :)

And good luck to all those other smokers wanting to quit, I quit a while ago gotta say I feel alot better :laugh:

hooray for shellypants :)

been about 6 months for me (quite a heavy smoker) feel pretty good

well done lovely

aww thanks jimbo and well done to you too!... 6 months is great, do you still have cravings?

and i have question for you, or anyone else who's quit...

Did you get sick??

Cos seriously....within one week of quitting I got a fluey head cold type thing - had to take a day off work... then it seemed to get *a bit* better and then last Friday it came back REALLY bad and I had heaps runny nose and got a cough so bad that I almost lost my voice :(

After talking to a couple of guys at work who have quit, they're all like "oh yeah, you get really sick" :)

I feel like I've had the flu for about a month now :mad: and I'm not the type that usually gets sick ever!

SkyGTRline & Frink.. well done!!! GO TEAM!

I'll be checking back to make sure you haven't caved in!!

well I have finally done it!! I'm sooo proud of myself!!!

It's been about 5 weeks so far and I've been through all the hard tests like drinking alcohol, and sitting around (at BBQs, pubs etc) while other people are smoking.

So, has anyone else here quit?? How long did you smoke for and how did you go about giving it up?

I quit for 8 months, I was sitting around @ the pubs, BBQ's etc all the time and drinking without smoking.. but I started up again..

Not to say you are not doing good.. ( GO SHELL!! heeh ) but it's an ongoing fight for a while.. I'll be quiting again soon I hope.

I got sick about 2 weeks after quiting, most people I know do/did

Yeah I smoke, have been for a few years... I know I should quit but I cant motivate myself to do it....

I think I'll have to set a date and stock up on patches

Its starting to be pain in the ass to smoke as well, cant do it at pubs, clubs, anywhere......I think Im gonna quit just because Its not worth going outside for a choof

I am so glad that they put all these restrictions in place i am sure for smokers it's a pain in the ass but sorry to say i don't care :) i can deal with people drinking as it doesnt effect me but when I come home stinking of smoke whenever i went out get's annoying and is gross :D

oh well i have sort of learned to live with it in most places but i am glad they got rid of it in food areas at the jerra pub

Its starting to be pain in the ass to smoke as well, cant do it at pubs, clubs, anywhere......

I am so glad that they put all these restrictions in place i am sure for smokers it's a pain in the ass but sorry to say i don't care :O i can deal with people drinking as it doesnt effect me but when I come home stinking of smoke whenever i went out get's annoying and is gross :(

oh well i have sort of learned to live with it in most places but i am glad they got rid of it in food areas at the jerra pub

Honestly Im all for it as well, it makes smoking a pain in the ass.....bloody Oktoberfest.....had to smoke didnt I

:(

id quit not this wed but the one before so... bout a week and a half..

Went out last night... Got totaly smashed... and did have a few smokes...

:O Does this count...

it's ok... lots of people have a little relapse! don't think "stuff it i may as well just give up another time now"

just put it behind you!! :( good luck!!

I'm happy about the new laws too!! makes it easier for me!!

and if you think these laws are bad you should go to QLD... their new laws are you can't smoke anywhere, not even in the outside bits (like beer gardens etc). Even at the races I went to you couldnt smoke on the huge grass lawns, it sucked!! I think that's a bit harsh...you should be able to smoke outside.

im actually finding it easier the 2nd time around!?!? sure, i feel left out when other people around me are having a smoke, thats natural, but im not having those everyday cravings that you get....