SAU Community

I Have Quit Smoking!

Shell

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I smoked for ten years. For a while I was smoking a pack a day. I decided one day that I couldn't cut down the same way other people were able to, and I was sick of being controlled by it. So I had two goes at quiting. The first time I lasted a week. Then I had the shits because I could only last a week, so I quit again. This time I went on patches for two weeks. You've got to remember to take them off at night. Every time I left one on I had nightmares, and would wake up in the middle of the night and rip it off. I was sick, my chest felt shit, but after two weeks I pretty much felt right. I wasn't going through all that again, so I stayed quit. It was really, really difficult.

What kept me going was being told that one day I wont feel like one, and I'd forget all about smokes, and it's true.

so how long has it been since you quit cactu5?

Did anybody else use patches?... i didnt (haha i'm so hardcore lol) but I figured if i needed them i could go get some, but I've been alright without them.

my good news is I'm finally over the sickness thank fck for that... 5 weeks with the flu is quite enough thanks :rolleyes:

Did anybody else use patches?... i didnt (haha i'm so hardcore lol) but I figured if i needed them i could go get some, but I've been alright without them.

my good news is I'm finally over the sickness thank fck for that... 5 weeks with the flu is quite enough thanks :sick:

5 weeks! That's no good. I quit in 2001, I thought about them for a while. I tried a smoke 7 months later and put it out half way through. It's good that you've managed to quit without the patches because you have to quit the patches too. Sorry for the late reply. Are you still off them?

geez how can the tobacco firms say smoking doesn't hurt you...

smoking can help kill you in almost every single way known to medicine. the only thing that im aware of it haveing a benefit is in parkinsons. and even then it doesnt stop it just slows it a bit. but wile its doing that its killing u in other ways.

soo....good on ya 2 all who've given up. i nearly started for a while b4 i heard about the abov fact.

Hi all...i smoked for 30 yrs tried several times to give up but failed....but this time i've nailed it been 7 weeks and still don't want one,i'm on patches but i got it to click upstais thats the trick

Edited by zooee

my good news is I'm finally over the sickness thank fck for that... 5 weeks with the flu is quite enough thanks :wave:

3 weeks and 1 day for me..

but I used patches.. no way I could do it without

• 11 months later...

A year on and it's been 11 weeks since my last cig.

I gave up without the help of patches or any such thing.. i guess i was just ready to do it.. and i hope yr still smoke free..

ahah yeah exactly one year on - grats to all those who quit

i never started for the simple fact that my dad would have killed me....and as i grew older, i learnt how destructive smoking can be......

yeppers i'm still smoke free... i realised the other day that it had been a year (Sept 18 to be exact lol)... woohoo!

when you're a smoker and decide to quit, it's hard to believe that there will come a time when you don't even think about cigarettes anymore but it's true.

go marssssssss... 11 weeks is awesome :rofl:

Less smokes = more money to spend on car :-)

lol... I started a perfume addiction with the money i was saving... it was kinda my reward to myself to help me thru cos I love perfume, and then it got out of control. Here's the collection about 6 months ago :rofl: I have a few more now...

IMG_1612.jpg