SAU Community

17" Rims

Andyn

Hey guys,

It sure is hard to find a place that has a decent range of 17"s to choose from, that clear the Turbo factory calipers!

Have tried ozzytyres, Bob jane, Wheel revolutions and they don't have anything that i want. Keith for wheels mentioned they have a few, but I haven't checked them out yet.

Does anyone recommend a place when they were wheel shopping that has a good range? I may even consider buying 2nd hand rims, or just putting some proper bolt on spacers on my current ones...

Andy

Hey guys,

It sure is hard to find a place that has a decent range of 17"s to choose from, that clear the Turbo factory calipers!

Have tried ozzytyres, Bob jane, Wheel revolutions and they don't have anything that i want. Keith for wheels mentioned they have a few, but I haven't checked them out yet.

Does anyone recommend a place when they were wheel shopping that has a good range? I may even consider buying 2nd hand rims, or just putting some proper bolt on spacers on my current ones...

Andy

Try Grahams SWT on Moss ST, they are pretty much across the rd from wheels revolution...what type of wheels are u chasing? Just a note, IF you are chasing wheels with big dish ur not gonna find many that will fit in OZ shops...best to chase up some jap wheels with custom offset, or look in the classifieds section and buy wheels u know have come off a skyline.

Thanks. I have tried GSWT too but no luck.

I was after a 5 spoke wheel with a bit of dish. Yeh looks like I gotta aim for some Jap rims or 2nd hand ones, or what in some spacers as last resort.

Any other recommendations welcome

We have just recently been looking for rims and have had a pretty hard time just getting people to get back to us re prices. Apparently no one wants our money. But then we tried Tyre Zone at Cleveland and they have been brilliant. It's a family business and they do have a pretty good range. We have the car booked in for Friday. Their website is: http://www.tyrezone.net.au

Edited by darren32

Try ImportBitz they sell second hand wheels imported from Japan, the prices are pretty reasonable to.

their website site is www.importbitz.com.au

35 Matheson St. Virginia.

Brisbane, Queensland

Australia. 4014

3865 2030

ROH make a wheel named Drift R. Available in 17's and they have a bit of dish also.

Go to the ROH Website, then click Product Catalogue, then click Passenger (Drift R wheels can be found in there).

Here's a pic of what they look like on a S1 R33

post-24887-1161576442.jpg

The ROH website also has a section where you can enter your car details, select the rim size you are wanting and a list of suitable rims will be produced for you >_<

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I may try the guys Darren recommended. I know ROH are in their list of rim suppliers too. How good are the rim animations on the roh website though.

Edited by Andyn

Thanks Darren. Yeh I know what you mean. Sounds like Im not the only one.

Hope it goes well on Frid. You got an idea what kind of rims and size your after?

hi im getting advanti medusa they are 18 x 8. we waited for 3 weeks for one company to get back to us, and 2 weeks for another (and neither of them has called still). these guys called us back within an hour.

Try Grahams SWT on Moss ST,

hi, i had same issues aswell. ive also tried them all and keith for wheels, and the above quoted place. and they all seems to not be able to get the wheels i wanted either. or they were extremely expensive.

found that speedy do some wheels, with correct offsets, and brake clearences for skylines, good prices,

check out what they got here. (they also supply alot of places. i actually got kmart to order mine, and got a awsome deal on tyres aswell.

check out speedy's website here. http://www.speedywheels.com.au/

cheers, n goodluck :)