SAU Community

Mackay, Qld, Australia

The Mafia

Yeahhhh but black cars look more amazing when they are clean :P

Think I might try the harbour shots again at night time, or in some lower light. Think they would look better like that. Might have to go do some light painting in a different area one day as well

might have to pay you to do some shots cal, or at least chat with you about what camera i should buy lol.

Yeahhhh but black cars look more amazing when they are clean :P

Think I might try the harbour shots again at night time, or in some lower light. Think they would look better like that. Might have to go do some light painting in a different area one day as well

I dont think im good enough to charge money..... lol

Im thinking about upgrading. But I want to keep 2 of my 3 lenses at least. Havent decided what in going to do yet

I have a shorter and a longer lense, obviously one zooms further. Then I have a prime lense which doesnt zoom at all, generally prime lenses will take a better photo but you lose the flexibility of having zoom.

My prime lense also has a better apature range. Without going to far into it, the prime lense I have is better for creating some depth in photos, and I find it gives a bit better colour. But it only focuses a minimum distance of 1 and a bit metres from memory in front of the camera.

Depth like this, not the best example but you get the idea:

8352865746_7f20cdc0c4_b.jpg
IMG_3863 by 89CAL, on Flickr

I want to get a slightly longer lense then what I currently have, this photo from Formula 1 this year you can still slightly see the fence, If I'd had a touch more zoom I probably could have focused it out completely.

8569749361_dd44fbcf56_b.jpg
IMG_4571 by 89CAL, on Flickr

There's alot to learn, and I don't think you ever stop learning. But I'm self taught, just looking at other peoples photos and then working out how they did it. It's pretty good fun to learn, and nice going out and just playing with a camera

Anyway. I'll leave it at that :)

I'd never buy a black car after seeing my brother fight his F6 week in week out with keeping it clean but it does look good when clean.

Pics look good Cal :thumbsup: cheeky snap of what is to go into your build i assume.

Thats an old photo. Those parts arent visible anymore ;)

Black is 100% worth the effort. You just have to put in the effort once or twice a year doing a full polish/buff and wax. Then its easy to clean and looks clean for a bit longer

Next car will probably be white but. But white suits it a bit better then white on a skyline

Sorting through some stuff today and found an old copy of performance imports with a Midnight Purple GTR in it. Real familiar one

ah righto. yeah most i ever did was at skool. but you can tell the differences between them all.. more stuff to spend money on i suppose lolbut after having a gun metal grey 180, those dark colours can piss right off lol. white has been the easiest to maintain so far.

I have a shorter and a longer lense, obviously one zooms further. Then I have a prime lense which doesnt zoom at all, generally prime lenses will take a better photo but you lose the flexibility of having zoom.

My prime lense also has a better apature range. Without going to far into it, the prime lense I have is better for creating some depth in photos, and I find it gives a bit better colour. But it only focuses a minimum distance of 1 and a bit metres from memory in front of the camera.

Depth like this, not the best example but you get the idea:

8352865746_7f20cdc0c4_b.jpg
IMG_3863 by 89CAL, on Flickr

I want to get a slightly longer lense then what I currently have, this photo from Formula 1 this year you can still slightly see the fence, If I'd had a touch more zoom I probably could have focused it out completely.

8569749361_dd44fbcf56_b.jpg
IMG_4571 by 89CAL, on Flickr

There's alot to learn, and I don't think you ever stop learning. But I'm self taught, just looking at other peoples photos and then working out how they did it. It's pretty good fun to learn, and nice going out and just playing with a camera

Anyway. I'll leave it at that :)

Sold the V35 today. I'm going to miss it :/

Ah you will get over it Sean ;) cars come and go, I've had heaps of my cars in my time, you get sad for awhile then you get excited about the next car. You can always look forward to the next project/challenge. Set some goals and go for them, research is the key. I can't wait for my next project other than my FJ.

• Like 1

That's what i am thinking about - it's the only way i can stay positive about selling it. I plan to save the money i was putting towards mods/on road costs insurance etc towards a house and get into property in about 12 months with my Mrs. Then start saving pennies for a GTR. i really would love a 33 V spec. In fact, Jordan if you want to sell me yours in a years time let me know man! haha.

Hey mate..

Yeah depends on the car and how you drive it i think. If you just drive normal and have a clean car you should be right but like all places a ratty car and give it a hiding then you will always draw attention to yourself.