SAU Community

Mackay, Qld, Australia

The Mafia

I don't get hassled much, and mine is daily driven. Last time I got pulled over, I was speeding in a school zone (wasn't thinking, it was quarter to 3 or something) and they pulled me up, said I had a nice car, and knocked the speed down. So I cant complain at all

Do something stupid, or have your car looking obviously illegal/untidy will get you pulled over but

yeah thats about what i thought, havent been touched in 1.5 half years in a work car haha. ive seen a few nice cars though. although my last heavily modified car was 5 years ago. does the qld section have much todo up this way, or is it mainly down south?

Mainly down south. We are slack because noone has a running car here but me :P

Feels like it sometimes anyway. Maybe one day we will organise something

Yeah everyone has different roster's and work out of town makes it hard to meet up.

Just been doing a a tonne of research on reviving the 180SX. Thinking full Rocket Bunny Bodykit as seen on the Ben Sopora 180sx. Massive 13" Rear Wheels to handle the torque of a Twin Turbo LS1, stroked, dry sumped, the works. PPG dogbox T56 6speed tranny, R33 GTR Rear end. Fully caged, 3/4 tube chassis front end blah blah blah you get the picture. LS1 performance parts are f**k load cheaper, more power, more torque, better reliability. Not a massive V8 fan but would be a fun car to drive, would make 800rwhp easily on low boost. :woot:

BenSopra-380SX-58.jpg

• Like 1

You know i love to go over the top with my cars I need something bullshit scary to drive. 1100kg car with 1000HP i think that will cure my need for speed lol.

I Just want to drive my lowly 320hp car at the moment. Been driving a VS ute for a week and a bit, so keen for boost again.... Apart from quad turbo, 16 cylinder, 2000hp boost. I've done that in the last week :P

Not as exciting as it sounds......

I thought you were thinking about a JAP twin turbo V8 at one stage Ben or was that someone else? The only Jap V8 I've driven was a Celsior and that was far from amazing lol

Yeah I do love my Jap enignes, but they cost so much money to get big numbers out of them reliable. LS1's are cheap and sky's the limit for parts availability. $3K for a stroker kit compare to say a RB26 stroker for a good one $6-7k. I have done a fair bit of research on all types of engines SR20VET, VQ35 &37's, RB26's, VR38, VK48 &56. The LS engines have some pretty awesome parts available and very customisable plus the fit easily enough in the 180SX chassis. I might continue on stripping the chassis and cut the front clip out.

Haha nah, I already got one of the most powerful and fastest GTR's in Australia I need to improve and perfect my skill in an even crazier car. I really wanna do a Viper 8.4L V10 conversion but they are little too expensive :woot:

hahah thats usualy the way with cars and people. i presumed something would be the like with shifts an what not...

anyone have any recomendations of where to pick up an auto g\box up this way. i have a manual box but, nothing else.. :\ and found out turbo's shagged bigtime...

brisbane the way togo as per parts ?

A bit more development done to the GTR over the last couple of weeks. Fitted a Methonol Injection System on the intake to assist with the Intake temps, the HKS T62R is blowing hard we have hit its maximum efficiency range approx 40psi of boost. The more we squeeze the turbo now the higher the intake temps, our new Moran 5000cc Injectors have arrived from the states will be fitted before Jambo and changing from E85 to Methanol Fuel. That will give use a better safety margin more power less boost.

Also fitted the Carbon Fibre Boot and attached a New Jerry Bickel Racing Carbon Drag Wing. This should give us higher MPH over the line and might help with the high speed stability.

My brother and I have been talking about going after Reece McGregor's AWD WR, but we will have to get our hands on another R32 GTR shell and start fresh with a new chassis and go even crazier setup, tube frame assembly. After Matt speaking to Mark at Godzilla Motorsport yesterday. He offered us a chance to get our hands on Full Billet Alloy RB30 Block that is currently being developed a cool $10K for the bare block. Combining that with a 3.4L stroker kit. Just awaiting confirmation blocks are 12 month lead time to be built. Big plans for the future for the GTR.

For now Slamfest is on next weekend at Benaraby with the new mods and tweaks, I'm predicting 8.3sec, my brother is predicting 8.1sec pass. Either way I don't care as long as we break the 8.47sec WR i'll be a happy man. That will make us the Fastest Radial Tyre GTR in the World, more bragging rights :woot: .

998614_118450651658813_841407412_n.jpg

1017245_118450638325481_1026841063_n.jpg

7439_118450664992145_804858820_n.jpg

1013792_118450681658810_1134958238_n.jpg