SAU Community

My Restoration

Yeah i planned to. I havent heard anything to say its not a good idea, although it could well be.. I figured cooler oil is always better than hotter oil? Providing you always have good oil pressure and clean oil, im not sure what the difference would be? Can anyone clarify?

Nistune turned up on Monday and my new exhaust turned up on Tuesday. I ended up getting an Apexi N1 Pro. Its the biggest that Apexi make and will support bigger power firgures than some of the other smaller systems. Its also very nice looking and excellent quality.

I fitted the Nistune daughterboard and its now operational. Im hoping to have the car driving by February (fingers crossed). Still waiting on a decent digi cam to get some pics for you guys!

Deren

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys finally i have some pics for you. My apologies for the delay. I have put on some new quality battery terminals and all new custom earth cabling to improve electrical performance around the engine to the main components. Of course i followed the same color scheme, i think it looks quite good. Possibly one more earth strap to go but im not sure where yet. Im getting myself organised to put the inner guards back in and get alot of the small jobs done. I got the car a nice new loud horn which i installed also.

More soon,

Deren

post-14108-1262158956_thumb.jpg

post-14108-1262159007_thumb.jpg

post-14108-1262159057_thumb.jpg

post-14108-1262159414_thumb.jpg

post-14108-1262159461_thumb.jpg

post-14108-1262159565_thumb.jpg

post-14108-1262159652_thumb.jpg

Thanks mate. Yeah its getting there now, im hoping for it to be running in February.

Ive been working on it a bit over this break and ive got the inner guards done. The right side is back in and the left side is nearly done, just missing a few clips. The oil cooler vent i had planned to make inside the inner guard was slightly modified to get the job done quicker. Its still just as good but i took a slightly easier and cheaper approach to constucting it. Basically i was going to add a trim border to both sides of the mesh, front and back. So it was just for show really, as you can see in the pics the way i did it looks fine.

More soon,

Deren

post-14108-1262503932_thumb.jpg

post-14108-1262503982_thumb.jpg

post-14108-1262504025_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks mate, i reckon it looks pretty good :)

I have some exciting news. Im proud to say i am starting a new job with Mark Jacobsen at Godzilla Motorsport here in Brisbane. Im starting in February and really can't wait to get into it. Needless to say, Mark will be tuning my car. I'll hopefully get all the loose ends tied up in time to have it running by the end of february.

Deren

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks mate

I just completed the gearbox and its now pretty much ready to go in. Need a speedy sleeve for the rear companion flange, and a couple of other small things but its looking the part now. Monday the car goes back to the panel shop to get a few small body things fixed up. Then the following monday it will be towed most likely straight to Godzilla Motorsport. From there i'll be fitting the gearbox and remaining driveline parts and giving it a run-in on the dyno! No update pics yet but plenty to come, plus a few videos of first fire and the dyno work.

Deren

Deren

I can just about hear the excitement in your typing!

My short block got back from the engineers this week, so I'll be looking to get mine back on the road soon too.

Your effort on the build is phenomenal and final product something extremely unique and spectacular.

Well done.

Brendan

Wow... Its almost finished! Been a long time coming, it'l be the best feeling to drive it! Then you'll be worried every time you do something will happen to it :P

Well done mate, cant wait to see it running.

Are you going to send it to a few magazines when its all finished?

Thanks mate, I doubt it will ever be 'finished' but it should be running next week. I still need to wheel align it before i can drive it, and im pretty sure i'll have to replace one of the alloy stub axles. I've tried evening up both sides hub to hub just with a tape measure and i can't get it right. So something isn't correct. My guess is the stub axle, being alloy. Once i get the allignment specs i'll know what needs attention and i can sort it out.

I'll likely show it a few times and from there perhaps a magazine will pick it up..

Deren

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers mate :)

I'll be working on it this weekend at Godzilla. I plan to get the gearbox in and probably the windows just incase its outside when it rains. Makes it a bit less of a hassle to have at the workshop :rofl:

Pics and clips to come soon..

Deren

Cheers mate :)

I'll be working on it this weekend at Godzilla. I plan to get the gearbox in and probably the windows just incase its outside when it rains. Makes it a bit less of a hassle to have at the workshop :rofl:

Pics and clips to come soon..

Deren

just incase its outside when it rains.

im sorry..... say what now?? outside?? rain??? incase?? dude... this thing would live in my loungeroom.. back room at least.. garage if necessary.. never outside.. and never when it even looks like it might maybe come over cloudy.

that is meant to be a compliment btw... i absolutly love your car.

Haha, i tottally agree Linton! Its just that its at work at the moment and it goes outside for some of the day while we move cars. The weather lately has been very up and down so i thought it would be best to have the glass back in sooner rather than later. It wont be driven in the rain but a slight shower is just like washing it right? :) Cheers for the compliments :(

How does your clutch feel Dan? Im hoping its not too hard to live with?

Work to be done tomorrow on it at Godzilla.

More updates soon,

Deren