SAU Community

My Restoration

Im still not giving it full on power runs as im still on a straight mineral oil at this stage. I saw 150hp on about 10psi at 3000rpm lol. Keep in mind its not tuned and nothing is setup yet so thats a random figure just thrown out. Im expecting decent numbers though even from the stock fuel system. Hopefully roughly 320hp before i do the rest of the work and maybe as high as 500hp with the other bits completed on pump fuel.

Tonight i fixed a leak thats been bugging me which i was very happy about. However everytime i fix something i seem to find another teething problem. A cv boot has 3 little nicks in it from when the engine wasnt in the car and the shaft was bolted in to stop the bearing separating. Im guessing its been cut by a weld dag or similiar on the cross member. Bloody hell. Im going to try and seal them with the correct stuff as they are very very small and if i clean them up well i think i have a good chance. Saturday morning i will be doing a complete wheel alignment at my old work. Something that will be great to get done and know everything is right and not chewing out the tyres etc.

More soon guys,

Deren

Hey guys,

A quick update. We have tuned the car for run in on 14psi. With a very conservative tune it produced 340hp. Keeping in mind its still runing stock cams, fuel system, intercooler etc. Its alot of fun with that power on the street. Great off boost driveability. Ive still only done just over 500km's since starting it so once its done a few more km's i'll drop out the mineral oil and run a full synthetic with a harder tune on more boost. With no more mods id expect to see around 370-380hp. My final goal would be around 450-500hp.

Deren

• 2 weeks later...

i remember reading the start of this years ago deren. i just finished reading it start to finish again. all 32 pages. i recently sold my 32 so i could move to the UK, i had owned it for 3 and a half years, and i was absolutely gutted when i sold it, i still get sad thinking about it now. after reading about your build, i have decided to get into some more debt when i get back to oz and buy another skyline. thanks for your inspiration mate.

cheers adam

ps if your still in briz in a few years time we should go for a drive!

Hey guys, thanks for your compliments. It makes it all worthwhile to get the recognition from you all. Sorry to hear you had to sell your 32. It's not a nice feeling parting with a beloved posession. Im up for a drive :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, thanks for your compliments. It makes it all worthwhile to get the recognition from you all. Sorry to hear you had to sell your 32. It's not a nice feeling parting with a beloved posession. Im up for a drive :cool:

Good job buddy, Just wait till you reach your final goal the near 500hp mark, o0o0o0 lotsa fun i tell ya :)

• 1 month later...

hi darren

its been long long long time i been on forums and come check up on your post lol. recently decided i start a full rebuild my self of the 32 that i wrecked and selling the 33 lol i love the 33 and miss it allot because of what i done but still am excited to get the 32 on road be lots of fun and take long time, but overall i am happy your baby is on the road now and pulling decent power and your goal sounds great,

plus when are you going to come back to melbourne :thumbsup: still waiting for you so we can hang out and chat, lots has happen i try talking to u through instant msg when i can

cheers

Bruno

Hey buddy, good luck with your build. It makes it all worthwhile when you get to fire it up and drive it for the first time. Still not sure when i'll be back to Melbourne. Id like to return to live but i just dont know when its going to be possible at the moment. Time will tell i guess.

Deren

Yep, and take it from experience. Don't rush things, and be sure that when you're refinishing parts, the best results will come from the best preparation. There's quite a number of things I'd do a lot difference now in hindsight. Good luck on the project Bruno, if you take inspiration and guidance from what Deren's done you'll have a sure fire winner.

Cheers

Brendan

thanks guys, i take all guidance because am in need of it, im not sure aboiut few things, i start a thread soon with lots of photos of how it is now and see what people think of my ideas, my project is a no rusher either

• 1 month later...

Cool. I normally meet up with 1 or 2 mates on Thursday night when I'm back from site for dinner and maybe car wash at Sunnybank if you're keen. I'll text you when we're going (got friends coming from overseas so wouldnt be this trip). Will probably fix it for 30th.

Hi Deren, SILLBEER is still travelling along. Not doing the daily commute in it anymore since I started working from home. But is getting used when I need to take the kids on the weekly respective extra curricular activities. Paint isn't holding up as well as I'd hoped though, the old purple paint underneath is causing problems. In hindsight I should have taken it right back to baremetal. Will be doing Powercruise here in late September so really looking forward to that...which reminds me I need to put my forms in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

deren,

just read 20+ pages of this. about to start on a 32 gts4. who did your spray work? did they do any panel(main body) replacement?

mine has rust in a few places.

I left you a message (two phone calls.) when you get time give me a call back. I would like to chat with you about your build and who your nissan delaer was that supplied the bits.

ta!

When you got your panel work done did you have to get the under body sills straightened out? I find on my GTR there are major indents where snapper heads have jacked it up on the past. Did you do bare metal respray? If so was it soda blast or paint stripper?

Cheers

Rob

PS this has also inspired me to rebuild my GTR.

deren,

just read 20+ pages of this. about to start on a 32 gts4. who did your spray work? did they do any panel(main body) replacement?

mine has rust in a few places.

I left you a message (two phone calls.) when you get time give me a call back. I would like to chat with you about your build and who your nissan delaer was that supplied the bits.

ta!