SAU Community

New Setup

gun32gtr

after reading a mighty good thread on small singles or even big singles on gtrs i decided to stay low mount twin! it was going to cost well over my budget anyway?

i am only looking for around 300-320awkw this is what i think ill need,if there is anything missing or i have something there that isnt needed would be great if yous could let me no?

pfc+hand controller

550cc injectors

z32 afm+plugs

front pipes(just jap or should i get hks)

cam 260 duration 9.1 lift

cam gears

new cooler core

fuel reg

oil cooler and relocater

now with turbos this is where i would have to be careful so not to blow the budget

so ive seen some r32 gtr n1 spec turbos for about $1200 what are these thinngs like if someone could shed some light

gt-ss bit pricy but would the best option

gt2860r with either -5-7 not sure what these are like b ut sound good for $2700

so any help would be greatfully appreciated

regards kane

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after reading a mighty good thread on small singles or even big singles on gtrs i decided to stay low mount twin! it was going to cost well over my budget anyway?

i am only looking for around 300-320awkw this is what i think ill need,if there is anything missing or i have something there that isnt needed would be great if yous could let me no?

pfc+hand controller

550cc injectors

z32 afm+plugs

front pipes(just jap or should i get hks)

cam 260 duration 9.1 lift

cam gears

new cooler core

fuel reg

oil cooler and relocater

now with turbos this is where i would have to be careful so not to blow the budget

so ive seen some r32 gtr n1 spec turbos for about $1200 what are these thinngs like if someone could shed some light

gt-ss bit pricy but would the best option

gt2860r with either -5-7 not sure what these are like b ut sound good for $2700

so any help would be greatfully appreciated

regards kane

GT-SS's pricey?

The Aussie dollar buys over 90 Yen at the moment so its an awesome time to buy. The GT-SS complete kit brand new should cost you a touch over $3k delivered.

They will be more responsive than the 2860's and will easily accomplish the power you want.

My GTR is producing 320awkw on a safe tune with them at the moment.

517's arent as good as the GT-SS mate. Dont come close.

GT-SS comes in the kit remember, so everything you need.

You'll need to change the dumps though, the stock ones will hurt.

Stock manifolds are quite ok however

Dont get R32 N1's, they are shocking. There is a very good reason they are so cheap :P

Old design & shocking/poor response.

Its worth the extra $1500 for decent turbos.

everything else you have seems about right, except you want Nismo AFM's, not Z32's.

Otherwise you have to change intake piping and thats a mission if your on budget

517's arent as good as the GT-SS mate. Dont come close.

GT-SS comes in the kit remember, so everything you need.

You'll need to change the dumps though, the stock ones will hurt.

Stock manifolds are quite ok however

Dont get R32 N1's, they are shocking. There is a very good reason they are so cheap :P

Old design & shocking/poor response.

Its worth the extra $1500 for decent turbos.

everything else you have seems about right, except you want Nismo AFM's, not Z32's.

Otherwise you have to change intake piping and thats a mission if your on budget

thanks alot mate, wasnt to sure of the r32 gtr n1 turbos.

about those air flow metres where could i find those?will i have to change plugs with them?

hks dumps be fine from nengun

id change the pump for security. it doesnt hurt to change a 16 year old pump since you dont wont it to fault when you need it the most on full boost

Edited by SLIPPERY

Boost controller, replace coils, while you are doing large upgrades...........

...replace oil pump , water pump and timing belt....get the bearings and bolts changed at the same time though.

Then after it has cost you $5000+ :) to install your $7000 :P dollars of parts you will need to upgrade

or pay some attention to the brakes and suspension......and after $3000 :O of this....

.....you will then need some rims and sticky rubber so you can get a 1/4 mile result...this would cost about

$4000. :O And you haven't finished yet.

Believe me ....cause these are the figures you are facing.....

If you are worried about $3000 wait until you finish your upgrades. :)

As far as the -5(2530) turbo's.....they are the best choice for 320AWKW's and you have to have the Poncams to get this figure.

The 2530 is NOT the best choice for 320rwkw

They are the BAD choice

We have already established that earlier on

And i bet i can get over 300rwkw with the stock cams, thats my aim with the GT-SS, just a cam gear :)

He has stated he wants 320AWKW's not rear wheel.

I have the 2530's and am at 260AWKW's...I need Poncams to get me to 320AWKWS.

Or have I mis-understood his intentions?

:)

Boost controller, replace coils, while you are doing large upgrades...........

...replace oil pump , water pump and timing belt....get the bearings and bolts changed at the same time though.

Then after it has cost you $5000+ :) to install your $7000 :P dollars of parts you will need to upgrade

or pay some attention to the brakes and suspension......and after $3000 :O of this....

.....you will then need some rims and sticky rubber so you can get a 1/4 mile result...this would cost about

$4000. :O And you haven't finished yet.

Believe me ....cause these are the figures you are facing.....

If you are worried about $3000 wait until you finish your upgrades. :)

As far as the -5(2530) turbo's.....they are the best choice for 320AWKW's and you have to have the Poncams to get this figure.

Can i be your mechanic :) You seem to enjoy overkill...nothing really wrong with what you are suggesting i suppose...but id like to think that a GTR owner that is about to do these sorts of mods has a properly serviced car....so no need for new water/oil pumps, timign belts, coils etc etc

What boost have you up your thing for only 260kws with 2530s ?

Can i be your mechanic :) You seem to enjoy overkill...nothing really wrong with what you are suggesting i suppose...but id like to think that a GTR owner that is about to do these sorts of mods has a properly serviced car....so no need for new water/oil pumps, timign belts, coils etc etc

What boost have you up your thing for only 260kws with 2530s ?

If you read the..........engine failure thread.... you will be suprised on how many people get into trouble

because they believed the odometer reading in there car.... :)

When you are searching for more horses, as stated many times you need the mods and then you need the supporting mods. If their is any doubt in your mind ,that, their could be some issues with the current oil pump or water pump, you need to fix this first.

The last thing I would hate is to recommend something when I do not know the state of his vehicle.

The last thing he needs is to spend money...and then blow his motor...because of a timing belt , bearing or bolt

due to poor maintence.

Roy...my boost is at 1.3 bar and I have a 7500RPM cut out.This gives me 330RWKWS..

Poncams I am hoping will get me to 300AWKWS :P

He has stated he wants 320AWKW's not rear wheel.

I have the 2530's and am at 260AWKW's...I need Poncams to get me to 320AWKWS.

Or have I mis-understood his intentions?

:)

AWKW and RWKW is the same thing... so im not sure how your confusing the intentions here.

I dont think you realise there is absolutely no difference between the two.

Dirtgarage tested AW & AW it, 1kw difference which is nothing but dyno variance at its best.

If you have 260 @ the tyres and your being told you need poncams for 320, then your mech IMO does not know what they are doing, time to have a chat with them or find another.

A stock turbo's GTR will pretty much make 260 @ the tyres. Let alone putting bigger turbos on it.

As stated, 2530's will net you around 370rwkw. They are not the turbo for 320rwkw/awkw or whatever other 4 letters you can think of

This information is all over the forum in a dozen different threads.

i had in mind the oil pump,but as for timing belt water pump(n1) bearings bolts all done about 5k ago.... suspension ill leave for now,breaks aint to bad...

also i had poncams and gears as my choice already 260 9.1 lift so on... i think the gtss will do fine for what i want. and also the i alaways thiught awkw was the a rwkw 2..thanks for info guys keep it coming

If you read the..........engine failure thread.... you will be suprised on how many people get into trouble

because they believed the odometer reading in there car.... :)

When you are searching for more horses, as stated many times you need the mods and then you need the supporting mods. If their is any doubt in your mind ,that, their could be some issues with the current oil pump or water pump, you need to fix this first.

The last thing I would hate is to recommend something when I do not know the state of his vehicle.

The last thing he needs is to spend money...and then blow his motor...because of a timing belt , bearing or bolt

due to poor maintence.

Roy...my boost is at 1.3 bar and I have a 7500RPM cut out.This gives me 330RWKWS..

Poncams I am hoping will get me to 300AWKWS :)

Again point taken...but what your suggesting isnt a common denominator. You dont have to do what you have posted for it to be reliable, provided you know the history of the car, which i would say most owners know, or mechanics can inspect. But agree, if you dont know the condition of the car then hold off on the mods until you have owned it for a while