SAU Community

New Setup

gun32gtr

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres the titanium exhaust i bought and just fitted it,cant wait to hear the sound it makes....

the muffler is definately titanium, but I'm not sure sure on the piping. from the way it's welded to the muffler it looks like the piping could be thin wall stainless. it's no big deal though, most of the weight is in the muffler so the system will still be quite light with thin stainless piping and a titanium muffler. it looks like someone home welded the muffler to the piping with a mig.

must be getting close to completion now? :P

the muffler is definately titanium, but I'm not sure sure on the piping. from the way it's welded to the muffler it looks like the piping could be thin wall stainless. it's no big deal though, most of the weight is in the muffler so the system will still be quite light with thin stainless piping and a titanium muffler. it looks like someone home welded the muffler to the piping with a mig.

interesting????

yeh you would think it would be im still waiting parts.xmas has really stuffed things up with delivery times and so.turbos will be another 8days. performance wise hasnt been on the net so i cant ask him about pfc,still waiting on dumps from jjr(are they closed or something)

also i bought some partds of a guy of here oil cooler and frontpipes and have not seem those either..(getting worried here)

as for the speedo not to sure on brand but looks the goods...

thqnks for coments guys

the systems weights in at about 3.1kg i put it on the scales at my dads work,so it is way light..also at the cat end it has a mild steel flange that isnt welded but clamped and sealed..i thought you could weld s/s and mild steel????

hey all,got another part for the collection..just so i can see how fast im going on the track...not street....

nice looking speedo mate. have you got it fitted yet? when i bought mine from japan, i was told it would suit my 89 model. when it arrived, i realised it was for 90+ models. i hope this isnt the case for you because its a bitch to swap over the speed sensors on them. its possible, but a bitch.

any questions just shoot me a pm

cheers, Ron

Well is this thread for really as i scanned throught and could not believe the MISS IMFORMATION getting through around

I feel sorry for you gun32gtr how can i guy make informed decision with such B___sh_t

Rwhp and Awhp are not the same and at even close (it take power to turn axis and wheels unless the laws of physics have changed recently)

I dare anyone to back up the claims the avcr with not run a gtr boost requirements (Apexi drag car runs 110rwhpPlus on one)

and for people to say the gt2860r 707160-5 are laggy is utter crap i have gained better responce out of the -5 then i have seen out of hks2510 and i am yet to see anyone make better responce from gt-ss (sorry Biltz but i seen no evidence the gt-ss is more responive)

I run a R33 GTR rb26dett

with

Garret gt2860r 707160-5

Apexi PFC and handcontrol

Apexi AVCR

tomei 260deg 9.15mm lift

tomei cam wheels

700cc sard injector

z32afms

this combo makes 460rwhp+(345rwkw ~320awkw you loss about 40 to50rwhp to awhp but it varies) at actuator boost 14psi and 529.4rwhp at 20psi (so t04gtr you dont 1.5bar to make 320awkw with twins)

i have run this hp for a number of year now and it is post on the hyperdrive web site if you doubt me. So all i can say is check what you say has facts behind it as people are trying to make real decision on here and deserve true info not personal opinions byass.

pete

ps i have not attach any other combo but defended the gear i know. :cheers:

Well is this thread for really as i scanned throught and could not believe the MISS IMFORMATION getting through around

I feel sorry for you gun32gtr how can i guy make informed decision with such B___sh_t

Rwhp and Awhp are not the same and at even close (it take power to turn axis and wheels unless the laws of physics have changed recently)

I dare anyone to back up the claims the avcr with not run a gtr boost requirements (Apexi drag car runs 110rwhpPlus on one)

and for people to say the gt2860r 707160-5 are laggy is utter crap i have gained better responce out of the -5 then i have seen out of hks2510 and i am yet to see anyone make better responce from gt-ss (sorry Biltz but i seen no evidence the gt-ss is more responive)

I run a R33 GTR rb26dett

with

Garret gt2860r 707160-5

Apexi AVCR

tomei 260deg 9.15mm lift

tomei cam wheels

700cc sard injector

z32afms

this combo makes 460rwhp+(345rwkw ~320awkw you loss about 40 to50rwhp to awhp but it varies) at actuator boost 14psi and 529.4rwhp at 20psi (so t04gtr you dont 1.5bar to make 320awkw with twins)

i have run this hp for a number of year now and it is post on the hyperdrive web site if you doubt me. So all i can say is check what you say has facts behind it as people are trying to make real decision on here and deserve true info not personal opinions byass.

pete

ps i have not attach any other combo but defended the gear i know. :cheers:

interesting thanks mate..

although may be some miss lead info i have found out what i needed to no and have ended up with what i want..

cheers guys

interesting thanks mate..

although may be some miss lead info i have found out what i needed to no and have ended up with what i want..

cheers guys

no worries i wish you the best of luck honestly as i well built gtr is awesome car to behold.

it just pisses me off people post shit (with no facts behind it)

pete

DAM you car is low Kane what size rims are they? and i think you 1100ps pnlight and that was AFM Q45s or somethink.

My car is back off the road for a bit but will be nice to see the differnce between your set up and mine when there finshed..

Brad

no worries i wish you the best of luck honestly as i well built gtr is awesome car to behold.

it just pisses me off people post shit (with no facts behind it)

pete

no mate thanks again...

DAM you car is low Kane what size rims are they? and i think you 1100ps pnlight and that was AFM Q45s or somethink.

My car is back off the road for a bit but will be nice to see the differnce between your set up and mine when there finshed..

Brad

yeh it low pprob not the best for handling but hey thats what coilovers are for...

yeh me pfc,dumps turned up today and turbos should end of the week...then there is just the job of installing it all...yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy

I run a R33 GTR rb26dett

with

Garret gt2860r 707160-5

Apexi AVCR

tomei 260deg 9.15mm lift

tomei cam wheels

700cc sard injector

z32afms

pete

ps i have not attach any other combo but defended the gear i know. :laugh:

Thanks for the info Pete!

A couple things...

1 - I'd be willing to bet the reason some guys have seen no difference between rwhp and awhp is because they've used a 4 wheel dyno that connects the front and rear rollers so they roll at the same speed. Independent rollers won't work with the ATTESSA computer - it just gets confused. If the fronts and rears are rolling at the same speed the only source of slip is if the rears are losing traction on the roller. Not really a good dyno practice. :D The longitudinal g sensor will quite truthfully report no accelleration so ATTESSA will conclude there's no need to send torque to the fronts. They get a free ride. It still takes power to spin the front roller, but the car gets credit for doing that in the torque calcs. But it's in rear wheel drive.

2 - I too have searched hard for quantitative comparisons between the GT2860R in -5 and -7 trim. My car is a daily driver and weekend road racer so I value responsiveness highly. The math says the -7 will spool earlier and run out of breath sooner. The 300 - 325 rwkw ceiling is OK with me, so I'm planning to go with the -7 trim. I'd be happy to post boost vs rpm and dyno curves when the build is finished - maybe in late March - and would be interested to see your -5 numbers.

My setup will be:

I run a R32 GTR rb26dett

with

Garret gt2860r 707160-7

Manual boost control

JUN 264deg 9.7 mm lift

JUN cam wheels

???cc injector

??? afms

Apexi Power Intake

Tomei O2 housings

Turbo back 75 mm exhaust

I'll be tuned for Canadian 91 (RON+MON/2) gas and running 1.2 to 1.4 bar of boost. Should be very close to an apples and apples comparison. I've got no doubt your peak power numbers will be higher, but I'd be very interested to examine the boost vs rpm relationship below 4500 rpm.

Cheers,

Dan