SAU Community

New Setup

gun32gtr

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after reading a mighty good thread on small singles or even big singles on gtrs i decided to stay low mount twin! it was going to cost well over my budget anyway?

i am only looking for around 300-320awkw this is what i think ill need,if there is anything missing or i have something there that isnt needed would be great if yous could let me no?

pfc+hand controller

550cc injectors

z32 afm+plugs

front pipes(just jap or should i get hks)

cam 260 duration 9.1 lift

cam gears

new cooler core

fuel reg

oil cooler and relocater

now with turbos this is where i would have to be careful so not to blow the budget

so ive seen some r32 gtr n1 spec turbos for about $1200 what are these thinngs like if someone could shed some light

gt-ss bit pricy but would the best option

gt2860r with either -5-7 not sure what these are like b ut sound good for $2700

so any help would be greatfully appreciated

regards kane

Howdy Kane GT-SS from nengun http://www.nengun.com/forced-induction/2 only $2650 and you get all the good studs gasket sets . Thats the path I,m taking Never had any problems with Nengun good exchange rate at the moment .They cost over double here too many greedy people here.

Delivery cost is neglible.

good luck with it

ike

Howdy Kane GT-SS from nengun http://www.nengun.com/forced-induction/2 only $2650 and you get all the good studs gasket sets . Thats the path I,m taking Never had any problems with Nengun good exchange rate at the moment .They cost over double here too many greedy people here.

Delivery cost is neglible.

good luck with it

ike

Add GST and import duties if picked up by customs.... more than $3k....

• 2 weeks later...

was all ready to install the turbos 2day until i seen the blooody justjap dumps have a massive whole for the o2 sensor,so i pulled the reducers out the stock dumps to find they also dont fit?

does anyone no if the 33/34 gtr o2 sensors are bigger and they may have sent the wrong dumps? i will ring tomorrow and ask however..

what ya get for buying cheaper parts.should have bought the hks ones i liked from nengun...

A user on the UK GTR tried this, his user name was T.F.S.

with the ignition timing done my next step is to look at the fuelling.....the car has a wideband fitted now so fuelling is displayed in the cockpit, just checking it at idle told me that this engine was running very rich....as the engine warmed up it went as rich as 10.1:1 and it would net go into closed loop

(more infomation on fuelling in www.max-boost.co.uk)

the first step in this instance is to check the lambda sensors, the two oxygen sensors on the exhaust side provide critical infomation to the ECU for fuelling in "closed loop" operation, these sensors can be checked with a multimeter at tickover....output from the siginal wire on the sensor lead should be in the region of 0.6-0.9 (roughly) if it is alive

both of mine seemed totally dead, no output at all...the logical explaination for this is faulty sensors but it turned out that there was more to this.....

R32 came with 24 pin chip ECU and small lambda sensors with red siginal wires, R33 came with 14 pin chip ECU and larger bosch lambda sensors with black siginal wires

the looms also have slight differences with the lanbda siginal and heater wires

mine has a 32 ECU with 33 sensors so i simply rewired the sensors so that the siginal wire matched up with the ECU side

with these 33 sensors now working on the 32 ECU they were changed for new versions (ÂŁ60 each from justlambda.co.uk) and run fine going by the output from my wideband

Make of it what you will.

Are you running the Power FC? If so, just disable the closed loop feedback and run with bungs!

If you get eager to optimize fuel economy (or if you guys need O2 sensors to avoid getting defected) you can fit O2 sensors later.

Can't wait to hear how she goes!

Dan

Kane

Sounds like you got the rebuild blues.

Doing the same with mine. Custom 3" dumps/front pipes are the hold up. W/E 16/17 Feb should see them done (again) and the engine off the bench and back in the car.

Really curious as to how the cars compare as my mods are pretty well the same - 2860-5, PFC (+EBC), pipes, 700cc inj, fuel pump, adj cam gears, sump baffle, oil cooler, JB clutch, timing belt. Same sort of target rwhp.

As you have no doubt found, it all adds up really quickly.

Stick with it and keep us updated.

Cheers

thanks alot for the feed back fellas.

sure do have rebiuld blues,hold ups everywhere.but hey all makes things worth waiting for at the end?

whats involved in disabling the close loop and what sort of fuel economy will i have? as in does it make a huge diff? did come with bungs yes?

thanks again and i cant wait for the thing to me on the road.

thanks alot for the feed back fellas.

sure do have rebiuld blues,hold ups everywhere.but hey all makes things worth waiting for at the end?

whats involved in disabling the close loop and what sort of fuel economy will i have? as in does it make a huge diff? did come with bungs yes?

thanks again and i cant wait for the thing to me on the road.

simple dont do it, it's not worth it, trust me a little time delay now you'll save yourself alot down the road. Get the O2 sensors in properly or you'll pay for it 10 fold down the road.

my 2c

ps i run 500rwhp+ and still maintain 500km per tank normal driving as do many of the well tune gtr's in WA the close loop system helps trust me.