• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just a little update as its only little...

scraped the 044 intank f**k trying to get the right partds in bathurst is impossible...

so im going the stock gtr pump and surge tank with the 044 externally mounted....

will the stock pump be ok for the lift pump??????

Lol to " 517's arent as good as the GT-SS mate. Dont come close ". and " Dont get R32 N1's, they are shocking. There is a very good reason they are so cheap

Old design & shocking/poor response.

Its worth the extra $1500 for decent turbos" How can u say that n1 turbos suck?? if you ask anyone who knows what there talking about there en awesome turbo you can pump a shitload of boost into them and they dont blow up like the stock pieces of shit,

Look at mark berry's gtr is kills all the new porsches and ferarris at the track the n1 turbos arnt responsive you rekon thats the hole reason people use them is they come on boost nearly as quick as the stock ones! have a look at this video "

and this video "
n1 turbos! i wouldnt advise someone that already has n1 turbos not to use them caus there crap unless you know what your talking about ay. And to the t517z comment have you seen dyno graphs or been in a car with both setups the 517z's and gt-ss? i have the t517z setup in my gtr making 480hp at the wheels havent had a problem with them yet and they spool nice and early to..

now ive gone away from the 044 intank and instead be putting the stock pump back in and getting the a surge tank setup witht the 044 as the main pump..will i need a fuel pressure reg now or will the stock one b ok for this setup.

cheers kane

• 2 weeks later...
Well is this thread for really as i scanned throught and could not believe the MISS IMFORMATION getting through around

I feel sorry for you gun32gtr how can i guy make informed decision with such B___sh_t

Rwhp and Awhp are not the same and at even close (it take power to turn axis and wheels unless the laws of physics have changed recently)

I dare anyone to back up the claims the avcr with not run a gtr boost requirements (Apexi drag car runs 110rwhpPlus on one)

and for people to say the gt2860r 707160-5 are laggy is utter crap i have gained better responce out of the -5 then i have seen out of hks2510 and i am yet to see anyone make better responce from gt-ss (sorry Biltz but i seen no evidence the gt-ss is more responive)

I run a R33 GTR rb26dett

with

Garret gt2860r 707160-5

Apexi PFC and handcontrol

Apexi AVCR

tomei 260deg 9.15mm lift

tomei cam wheels

700cc sard injector

z32afms

this combo makes 460rwhp+(345rwkw ~320awkw you loss about 40 to50rwhp to awhp but it varies) at actuator boost 14psi and 529.4rwhp at 20psi (so t04gtr you dont 1.5bar to make 320awkw with twins)

i have run this hp for a number of year now and it is post on the hyperdrive web site if you doubt me. So all i can say is check what you say has facts behind it as people are trying to make real decision on here and deserve true info not personal opinions byass.

pete

ps i have not attach any other combo but defended the gear i know. :P

Good to hear,

I have the -5's as well and am just fitting some mines cams and 700cc injectors now.

Allready have support mods so would be happy with some figures like that. Will see how it goes

Thanks for the info, Also I havent found the -5's to laggy at all in fact it pulls like a truck that just happens to have a 8,500 rpm Limit.

Cheers

Dabro

Lol to " 517's arent as good as the GT-SS mate. Dont come close ". and " Dont get R32 N1's, they are shocking. There is a very good reason they are so cheap

Old design & shocking/poor response.

Its worth the extra $1500 for decent turbos" How can u say that n1 turbos suck?? if you ask anyone who knows what there talking about there en awesome turbo you can pump a shitload of boost into them and they dont blow up like the stock pieces of shit,

Look at mark berry's gtr is kills all the new porsches and ferarris at the track the n1 turbos arnt responsive you rekon thats the hole reason people use them is they come on boost nearly as quick as the stock ones! have a look at this video "

and this video "
n1 turbos! i wouldnt advise someone that already has n1 turbos not to use them caus there crap unless you know what your talking about ay. And to the t517z comment have you seen dyno graphs or been in a car with both setups the 517z's and gt-ss? i have the t517z setup in my gtr making 480hp at the wheels havent had a problem with them yet and they spool nice and early to..

you are way off mate. there is a big difference between R32 N1s (aka group As) and R34 N1s. Mark and Russells car used to use R34 N1s, not the R32 ones.