SAU Community

New Setup

gun32gtr

ok i will be purchasing gt2860r if ebay soon. $2600 for the turbos or 3k with there stainless manifolds which the bloke saud are good? would it be worth getting the manifolds or just keep the stock ones>

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think there is alot to be gained, I had mine cleaned up a to match my 2860's and that was it. When i do the rebuild i'll get them extrude honed and a high temp coating. UAS do an exchange deal with extrude honed and coated manifolds. UAS claim around 17% increase of flow according to their flow bench test.

so mose well save the extra 400 and just get them cleaned up? whats involved in matching them to the turbos and how much? also who does this sort of thing? mr keetes to u have them heat wrapped or anything

Cant remember the cost but it wasnt a lot, Ant at Xspeed did them, maybe an hour or two. No coatings on mine, UAS were'nt offering the service when i changed mine over. When you look at the exchange price over what the SS manifolds would cost its $200 extra for something that is proven technology, legal and it definately bolts on.

Check um out in the GTR\exhaust section at UAS

your guides on the exhaust side will probably be shagged too. wont need new valve springs with the RPM your stating and poncams.

oh ok so with stem seals exhaust guides whT would i be looking for price wise? me mates amachnic so just a PART PRICE.. THANKS

will be interesting to see your results, as i will be doing almost the same setup but with the stock motor. keep us posted :P

WILL DO MATE START NEXT WEEEK PURCHASING MY SETUP CAN NOT WAIT

I think bronze guides and head clean up cost me about 1200.

shit is it that dear? id have to put new head gasket etc on then? wouldnt be a bad thing but.

is there a way u can tell if ya guides are gone without taking head off. eg noise coming from motor etc

i would've thought that the extra weight in the front wheels / driveshafts would have equated for more than a 1kw loss? perhaps i'm mistaken..

AWKW and RWKW is the same thing... so im not sure how your confusing the intentions here.

I dont think you realise there is absolutely no difference between the two.

Dirtgarage tested AW & AW it, 1kw difference which is nothing but dyno variance at its best.

If you have 260 @ the tyres and your being told you need poncams for 320, then your mech IMO does not know what they are doing, time to have a chat with them or find another.

A stock turbo's GTR will pretty much make 260 @ the tyres. Let alone putting bigger turbos on it.

As stated, 2530's will net you around 370rwkw. They are not the turbo for 320rwkw/awkw or whatever other 4 letters you can think of

This information is all over the forum in a dozen different threads.

thanks again for all the relpies.. so farr purchased cam gears,hks coil overs,intercooler,oil cooler,fronts,the rest coming soon..

1400 mfor full head service aye,anyone recommend anywhere in nsw that do a real good job,or even somone on this site to keepm money going to sponcers etc