SAU Community

Twilight Dyno Night - Dynamic Racing Concepts

Kennedy

I had a ball. Thanks for organizing a great dyno night Kennedy :)

Your welcome mate. Thanks for coming down

yes. and your 15% lower figure was pretty much on the money.

It certainly appears so....99% of the time

yeah nice work kennedy!!!! Was a top afternoon!!!

Your welcome hon. Thanx heaps for helping me maintain my diet coke addiction

GTR > 360 Modena

Sorry Ferrari fans, the numbers don’t lie.

And I thought all the talk would have stopped after Fast and Furious 1. LOL

Thanx for coming down Steve

Well all and all I think it's safe to call the night a success. I put the last car on at 1.30AM and we still had about 20 people there to watch it.

We started running cars from 3PM till about 6PM...stopped for a 45min break and then ran non stop till 1.30AM. A total of 39 cars competed from a wide variety of clubs, tuners and what not. I put alot of effort into this event and whilst I"d like to say that I did it for money (I volunteered for this...I did not get paid by DRC) or to better the car club culture or some other wanky reason , the main reason I did it was for you SAU guys. With the photoshoot article last month in HPI and events like last night, the mighty SAU reputation for performance, friendly culture and a "no hero" mentality is fast growing and commanding respect from the entire Sydney car scene. So a BIG thanks to Dave for taking out top honors of the day with 261.3 AWKW and keeping SAU on the map.

We had all types of cars have a crack from a 44KW starlet to a freshly rebuilt 2JZ IS200 what put out 243RWKW (but we didn’t push it very hard at all as it hadn't been retuned.....it got nowhere near redline). Surprises of the night was a turbo SSS at 201.4KW, the fact that no cops showed up and the fact that I didn’t pass out from exhaustion from the night :P:)

I would like to thank Adam @ DRC and his crew for letting me use their workshop as my playground, I'm sure they weren’t prepared to be up until 2.00AM this morning still going strong. Big thanks to Ignition DVD (should hopefully be on it next month), Fast Fours for their free mags and to everyone that attended a BIG thanks to you guys for taking the time out to come. I hope you had an enjoyable time.

I had alot of questions last night about when the next one is going to be on.......to be honest, I haven’t decided yet. If you have any feed back about anything then please feel free to get in contact with me and let me know. I would love to hear anything you guys have to say as I don’t presume to know shit about organizing Dyno Days...this was my first one.

Anyway....I just got back from drinking and fishing all day on the Hawkesberry so I'm gonna grab a kebab. Catch you guys later

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what about when the ferrari left, never seen someone hit a ferrari that hard....was majorly out of control hangin git out of the carpark....damn gotta have some serious balls to get sideways in a ferrari...

Yeah cheers to Sam for organising the day. it was fun even though i recorded such shit figures. found out the timing has been set back to factory but the altenator was dying so the plugs weren't getting enough voltage and where misfiring on boost. the altenator totally shat itself this morn so i'm carless for the next few days.

amongst other problems i have to get fixed the wastgate and manifold gaskets are almost gone so the car wont hold boost.

Anyway thats my excuses for 103.5RWKWs but enough of my depressive whining.

Will hopefully do better next time

If you own / run a smash repair shop, you can always fix it yourself.

Ive heard that its been "fixed up" a few times before

So out of interest.....whats the prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd?

prizes? heheheh

You wern't complaining when I handed you the free ignition DVD :D:P:)

I'll post up the final results today or tommorow and send out prizes this week too.

Maybe the ferarri was quiet on the dyno cause normally all the noise they make comes from the gearbox... which would've been around the same frequency as the noise the dyno itself was making... iono?

I'm sorry I missed it. :pirate:

How smooth or flat was the curve?

I remember seeing a brand new M3 on the UAS dyno, the curve was a perfect line. No divots, no "curve", just a perfect line like this ----> /

...Freakin amazing engineering.

I remember seeing a brand new M3 on the UAS dyno, the curve was a perfect line. No divots, no "curve", just a perfect line like this ----> /

not a very big line..... must have been trashed :pirate: