SAU Community

The Sunny Coast Chat Post

Baysidebluebnr34

i was wondering who was driving around with exactly the same kind of car as mine (bar rims) seen u in mooloolaba last weekend, give us a wave next time :pirate:

haha sorry man was prolly tuned out ey haha. probably wont see the car for a while now she goin to be sitting in the shed under covers for a while., getting a big make over!!!! yay :P

haha sorry man was prolly tuned out ey haha. probably wont see the car for a while now she goin to be sitting in the shed under covers for a while., getting a big make over!!!! yay :angry:

nice work, what are u getting done?

hey guys i was wondering if any one can solve this...

My cars been misfiring abit and it got to the stage where when i gave it up... it wouldn't rev over 5g it just bounces back and sounded like something was holding it back, and also sounded gross... i changed the spark plugs and coilpacks, and its still doing it.

It also misfires and backfires around 2g when im in a high gear at low revs... then when i was testing it last night showing a mechanic mate of mine it still wouldn't go over 4-5g it just shat itself and wouldn't let me rev high....

Is this my timing from the computer? does it need a tune up or is there something else im not aware of.

cheers

and another thing, does anyone one know is the r33 rb25 uses the same water pump as the rb25 in a r32?

Edited by r32na

hey guys i was wondering if any one can solve this...

My cars been misfiring abit and it got to the stage where when i gave it up... it wouldn't rev over 5g it just bounces back and sounded like something was holding it back, and also sounded gross... i changed the spark plugs and coilpacks, and its still doing it.

It also misfires and backfires around 2g when im in a high gear at low revs... then when i was testing it last night showing a mechanic mate of mine it still wouldn't go over 4-5g it just shat itself and wouldn't let me rev high....

Is this my timing from the computer? does it need a tune up or is there something else im not aware of.

cheers

and another thing, does anyone one know is the r33 rb25 uses the same water pump as the rb25 in a r32?

Hey mate, I had similar missfires going on with my gtr aswell. Basically on a cold morning at times it wouldnt let me rev over 2.5g, I put in new coil packs and plugs and it seemed like it got better but then was doing it again after about a week.

Ended up putting it in and getting a new ECU and a dyno tune. Problem solved

I cant say whether it was just needing a tune or it had something to do with the ECU but once they were done its now running perfect.

also check that the wires pluging in to your afm are in tight and theres no water around there. i washed my motor down and i bumped the plug and some water got in there and i had exactly the same problem. i hope that helps.

marty recons it could be my air flow meter fkin up. any one have one for a rb25 lying around anywhere which i can borrow for an hour by any chance? haha

coilpacks? swap some out of another car and see if they have an affect on the car aswell. they will fatigue over time and especially if they are the original ones. if so replace them with new ones. if thats the problem.

I have had this problem befor as well and I had two problems on different occations. Fist time I have blown a pipe half off on the intake. The other time I had shorted A wire out near the battery. Both times the car juat ran really rich.

On another note i have my car back on the road after a couple of years of sitting in the shed WHOO BLOODY HOO!!

i changed the fuel filter today.. didnt help my situation at all.

When my cars cold it doesnt even rev over 2800 - 3000. it just jerks around... feels like a L plater driving, revs just bounce back... but when its hot it drives fine just backfires a wee bit around 2000 and then once i hit 5000 it does the jerking rev bouncing shit again.

AFM? Timing? Fuel reg/pressure reg?

What for the price of a R35 :happy:

I want your car tho,

Cant believe you picked it up so cheap either.

Also,

You might wanna check that all the cylinders are firing.

changed anything recently?

checked for vac leaks?

checked the afm/and its connection?

tried resetting the ecu?

checked the plugs/spark.

got injection pulse? use a noid light to find this out.

check the bov, but more importantly the recirc hose.

all the clamps done up tight?

im no mechanic tho.

im sure chapmans would be able to 'fix' the issue for a small fee :happy::)

Edited by r33cruiser

I have had this problem befor as well and I had two problems on different occations. Fist time I have blown a pipe half off on the intake. The other time I had shorted A wire out near the battery. Both times the car juat ran really rich.

On another note i have my car back on the road after a couple of years of sitting in the shed WHOO BLOODY HOO!!

nice one dave. the gunmetal beast is back. didnt know u still had it.

mines for sale at the right price :happy:

daz i changed my coilpacks and sparkplugs, i checked out my AFM today, its all attached good... maybe the wiring is f**ked.

I also changed my fuel filter....

Martys ganna run it through his computer next week i think... hopfully it brings up the problem

also is there any dyno tuners on the coast?? or are they all in brissy?

cheers

Yeah I will never get rid of it, love the car too much.

Hey I am a bit out of the loop. Who is someone good to work on my car, I need a tune. Last time I went to anyone it was sub-zero on the goldy... That was a while ago...